GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Pittsburgh Penguins, 5:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My only response to that would have been yeah fine...Nico's much better in every other aspect of the game than Henrique and I'm a big fan of the guy. And yes age and experience when both played their first 100 NHL games matters as context but even you know that deep down.
I don't think it's that clear cut honestly...

By his 25 year old season Adam Henrique had 2 seasons with Selke votes....Nico has not had any. Henrique was one of the best PKers in the league his rookie year scoring 4 shorthanded goals...he had 11 by his 25 year old season. I think Henrique was very good at lot of aspects of the game.

nico-hischier-wake-up-have-a-good-breakfast.gif

Jim just needs to follow Nico’s advice and then his morale will improve.
I don't eat breakfast....I don't eat until 2:00pm.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Dude who f***ing cares?

Holding this kind of a grudge against one of our top players that’s contributing to the first winning season in forever is offensive, to be honest. It’s completely unwarranted and it doesn’t generate any legitimate discussion. I see no purpose in this other than just being nasty for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
So many nice goals in this one. The SHG is probably our goal of the year so far. Great win!

Pittsburgh definitely on the decline. Most Pens fans are aware that a decline was inevitable and may have to go through several years of mediocrity but it was 100% worth it. 3 cups from 2008-2017 is a great run and I tip my hat. Not saying they are completely done now. They can still make the playoffs this year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So many nice goals in this one. The SHG is probably our goal of the year so far. Great win!

Pittsburgh definitely on the decline. Most Pens fans are aware that a decline was inevitable and may have to go through several years of mediocrity but it was 100% worth it. 3 cups from 2008-2017 is a great run and I tip my hat. Not saying they are completely done now. They can still make the playoffs this year.
Five Cups and making the playoffs twenty-seven of the last thirty-one years, they're due a decade of irrelevance pretty damn soon and I can't wait :P

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Neither are personal attacks and mentions of ignore but we make exceptions for fun time.

And how in the world can mentioning how long it took Henrique to score 100 vs Nico on the Devils message board be in the least bit construed as trolling?
Because it’s in the gane thread after the win. Put it in the team thread tomorrow and it seems less of a terms of service violation.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Vitek has won 75% of his decisions this year and has put together several winning streaks/point streaks that have surpassed some of Marty's to this point.

I think I can acknowledge that he is getting a bit lucky to have won so much, as he's not really been a Vezina candidate goalie this year, but he's pretty much been a revelation after what we went through for the better part of the post-Marty years, outside of Cory's really good years when the team was BAD.

I'm not sure if he's a long term solution or if this is a career year for him. I'm not convinced he is yet, but I'm not convinced he isn't either.

I'm not sure what Washington was doing with letting him go, just to sign Kuemper when they're not even anywhere remotely close to a contender anymore. I understand why they let Samsonov go, as his qualifying offer was more than they wanted to pay.

He looks like a Vezina winner just due to how bad our goaltending has been over the years. He's more than adequate to win a cup.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He looks like a Vezina winner just due to how bad our goaltending has been over the years. He's more than adequate to win a cup.
I’m pretty sure he’d be only the second Czech starting goalie to do it. Only some guy named Hasek before him.

Francouz is a Czech goalie that won the cup last year, but he wasn’t the starter, even though he did start I think 6 or 7 games and was in net when they clinched the cup finals berth.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

By his 25 year old season Adam Henrique had 2 seasons with Selke votes....Nico has not had any. Henrique was one of the best PKers in the league his rookie year scoring 4 shorthanded goals...he had 11 by his 25 year old season. I think Henrique was very good at lot of aspects of the game.

lol Henrique got one 2nd place Selke vote in his 2nd year for reasons that cannot possibly be explained, using Selke votes to justify anything is so funny. People just write down names of players they like. Ilya Kovalchuk got a Selke vote that year and Patrik Elias did not, it's a complete joke.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I wanted to post in response to that but got distracted. I don't really understand when people flip out about a lineup like this, because missing Siegenthaler and Bastian is easily something that could happen due to injury during a season, and teams win games when players miss games with injury all the time. Not dressing an optimal lineup is nothing close to dressing a losing lineup.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I wanted to post in response to that but got distracted. I don't really understand when people flip out about a lineup like this, because missing Siegenthaler and Bastian is easily something that could happen due to injury during a season, and teams win games when players miss games with injury all the time. Not dressing an optimal lineup is nothing close to dressing a losing lineup.
I put money down on the Devils because the Pens are shambles defensively as is, on the 2nd half of a B2B, and starting a 3rd-string goalie. Plus Jack is back. It was a very winnable game. They won.

How someone thought this would be an auto-loss is baffling.

This was the Devils' best game in some time. It's a step in the right direction.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad