GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Pittsburgh Penguins, 5:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I didn't think trolling was "allowed" on hf, or has that changed?
Neither are personal attacks and mentions of ignore but we make exceptions for fun time.

And how in the world can mentioning how long it took Henrique to score 100 vs Nico on the Devils message board be in the least bit construed as trolling?

Reactions: njdevils1982

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
505z2q.gif

Me reading these last couple of pages from a specific person.

Enjoy your Saturday night people, let’s do it again tomorrow!

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
Neither are personal attacks and mentions of ignore but we make exceptions for fun time.

And how in the world can mentioning how long it took Henrique to score 100 vs Nico on the Devils message board be in the least bit construed as trolling?
Because it's in a GDT after a good ass beating of a win about a player who had 4 points.

Enjoy the night, take your old man thoughts to somewhere else

kiwidevil

Why would you assume this was referring to you?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I could not care less how long it took Hischier to get to 100 goals. His career started a little slow. Who gives a ****. What matters is the player he is now, and the player he's going to be over the long term. He's nearly a PPG center, amazing defensively, and has grown into a leadership role. He's having one of the best seasons for a center in Devils team history, up there with franchise luminaries like Holik in the late 1990s (do not underestimate just how good Holik was from 1996-1999, he got a handful of Hart votes) and Gomez in his prime. And he's 24, which means we can reasonably expect him to improve a little more and sustain this level of play for the remainder of his contract.

And that, of course, isn't mentioning that Hughes is having the best season for a Devils center in franchise history.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I could not care less how long it took Hischier to get to 100 goals. His career started a little slow. Who gives a ****. What matters is the player he is now, and the player he's going to be over the long term. He's nearly a PPG center, amazing defensively, and has grown into a leadership role. He's having one other best seasons for a center in Devils team history, up there with franchise luminaries like Holik in the late 1990s (do not underestimate just how good Holik was from 1996-1999, he got a handful of Hart votes) and Gomez in his prime. And he's 24, which means we can reasonably expect him to improve a little more and sustain this level of play for the remainder of his contract.

And that, of course, isn't mentioning that Hughes is having the best season for a Devils center in franchise history.
I don't want to prolong this because I'll end up taking the brunt of any punishment but...

You can't compare dead puck era players with today just as you can't compare Muller's 88 season to a Holik or Gomez a decade or so after

Everyone is a Point Per Game player...there are 54 players right now .95 PPG or better in the league. There are another 11 between .95 and .90 - 65 players. We have 4 on our team and Nico was 4th coming into this game.

Nico is currently listed at 55th in the league on NHL.com. Not disparaging that, it's just a PPG player isn't what it used to be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If an arsonist keeps setting fires maybe something should be done about the arsonist?
No what he does is say just enough cryptic stuff to get you all wound up and you all take the bait...every...single...time.

If you all know what the deal is and you still respond to it while also demanding we flag every little cryptic comment as trolling, then you're not really any better than the one who's ostensibly provoking you all. It's a lot easier to just ignore one silly comment than waste everyone's time (including your own) responding and scrolling through the mess of fifty angry responses to a cryptic remark. People are allowed to be negative against players even when it doesn't jibe with common sense.

Yes at times it veers on trolling and at times it does cross the line to trolling, guess what there's also a report post button when you think it does. Like eddy said, we can't babysit you all 24/7, but other global mods can deal with it if we aren't around or don't have time for this crap.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't want to prolong this because I'll end up taking the brunt of any punishment but...

You can't compare dead puck era players with today just as you can't compare Muller's 88 season to a Holik or Gomez a decade or so after

Everyone is a Point Per Game player...there are 54 players right now .95 PPG or better in the league. There are another 11 between .95 and .90 - 65 players. We have 4 on our team and Nico was 4th coming into this game.

Nico is currently listed at 55th in the league on NHL.com. Not disparaging that, it's just a PPG player isn't what it used to be.
Do yourself and everyone else a favor and quit while you're behind, because technically this is getting into trolling now, especially in a winning GDT...yes you knew perfectly well commenting on Nico scoring 100 nearly the same pace as Henrique was gonna get you 'attention' well congratulations, you wound up the jukebox again and everyone jumped out like normal.

My only response to that would have been yeah fine...Nico's much better in every other aspect of the game than Henrique and I'm a big fan of the guy. And yes age and experience when both played their first 100 NHL games matters as context but even you know that deep down.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Do yourself and everyone else a favor and quit while you're behind, because technically this is getting into trolling now...yes you knew perfectly well commenting on Nico scoring 100 nearly the same pace as Henrique was gonna get you 'attention' well congratulations, you wound up the jukebox again and everyone jumped out like normal.

My only response to that would have been yeah fine...Nico's much better in every other aspect of the game than Henrique and I'm a big fan of the guy. And yes age and experience when both played their first 100 NHL games matters as context but even you know that deep down.

Tbh, I don't think his comment was trying to troll. Henrique would've been a great 2C as well, Nico's the better player but remember when Henrique played spot 1C in 2011-2012 with Kovy and Parise and became a Calder finalist. I get Nico did at an 18 year old which makes his 2017-2018 way more impressive next to Hall and Bratt but I think this was one of Jim's unintentional trolls. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tbh, I don't think his comment was trying to troll. Henrique would've been a great 2C as well, Nico's the better player but remember when Henrique played spot 1C in 2011-2012 with Kovy and Parise and became a Calder finalist. I get Nico did at an 18 year old which makes his 2017-2018 way more impressive next to Hall and Bratt but I think this was one of Jim's unintentional trolls. :laugh:
I remember the days when people didn't even want Henrique at center, thought he'd be a better winger lol

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

I'm not sure why posters here feel they have the right to berate @RangerDoggo who is a very solid individual and a personal friend of mine. He's just a very passionate Rags fan, the same way we are all very passionate fans of the NJD. I hate most Rags fans, but he's one of the good guys. We just went out for a beer last night and have solid hangs quite often. He has said he's tried to log on to the forums, but found out he was wrongfully banned on October 15th of 2022 for declaring himself a fan of the Rags. I know most of their fans are very difficult to deal with but Doggo is a very nice guy and personal friend of mine, and I don't see anything in the forum rules about not being allowed to be a Rags fan. Very unjust that @RangerDoggo was cancelled from HF Boards for being a Rags fan. How could that happen to a solid poster and contributor to this community of close to 7 years?

Very unjust and it's exactly the type of bad juju and vibes we do not need while we're merely a few points ahead of the Rags in the standings and there's about 7-8 very hungry teams piling up behind us.

#Buckleup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad