GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Pittsburgh Penguins, 5:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vitek has won 75% of his decisions this year and has put together several winning streaks/point streaks that have surpassed some of Marty's to this point.

I think I can acknowledge that he is getting a bit lucky to have won so much, as he's not really been a Vezina candidate goalie this year, but he's pretty much been a revelation after what we went through for the better part of the post-Marty years, outside of Cory's really good years when the team was BAD.

I'm not sure if he's a long term solution or if this is a career year for him. I'm not convinced he is yet, but I'm not convinced he isn't either.

I'm not sure what Washington was doing with letting him go, just to sign Kuemper when they're not even anywhere remotely close to a contender anymore. I understand why they let Samsonov go, as his qualifying offer was more than they wanted to pay.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I believe this was missing from the post game.

winmeter.png

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
They're old

Them and the Caps are still living off of the fumes of their contending/cup teams and that window.

And that window currently only has enough room for those teams to just make the playoffs, but not do any damage when they get in.

It's been that way for years now. Neither team has won a series since 2018, despite making the playoffs every year since.

Caps last playoff series win was the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals.

Pens last playoff series win was the first round of 2018, which was their first playoff series after winning their second straight cup. They lost to the Caps in the second round that year, who would go on to win the cup.

Both teams have way too many key players in their late 30's.

Yet both teams aren't realizing that they should be sellers. They're going to suck for many more years because of it, and I love it!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yet both teams aren't realizing that they should be sellers. They're going to suck for many more years because of it, and I love it!
Pens look like they can still make the first wild card, if not just because they still have games in hand on the teams behind them. They're still on pace for 94 points, but all it's gonna take is a bad week and they'll be starting to feel some panic. They won 3 of 4 out of the break, but last night was a BRUTAL loss for them, blowing a multi goal lead to the frickin Islanders of all teams and not getting a single point out of that one and then having to come back the next night and play us.

The team that's currently in the second wild card spot, just based on points percentage is Detroit and they're on pace for just 91 points.

But there's a bunch of teams down there on pace for 88-90 points. I think all of Buffalo, Islanders, Florida and Washington are on pace for 86-90 points right now. And then Ottawa is 2 games above NHL 500.

That series has real LAUGHER potential with Boston right now, where any bunch of mediocre and even a couple of playoff inexperienced teams get them in round one. Maybe one of those teams will go on a run, but it went from ''You might need 100 points to make the playoffs in the East again or definitely 96 minimum!'' to ''Does 91 points get you wild card 2 in the East?'' fairly quick.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I didn't think trolling was "allowed" on hf, or has that changed?
2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

I don't mind these kinds of posts and sometimes I entertain them so it's whatever, but it actually is rule #2 on HFBoards, so idk? :dunno:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
So, something I want to see from Fitzy this offseason is Sharangovich signed to a long-term contract with a relatively low cap hit. He's so good at his role even if the production is a little low (which might aid in keeping that cap down). He's the kind of glue player you get under contract to help fill the middle of the lineup for half a decade, and if you're really lucky he might break out and start producing big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad