Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Don't be tardy, early game today!

DEVILS (35-14-5) at PENGUINS (27-18-9)

TV:
5:30 p.m. ET; Televised on MSG

RADIO: 5:20 p.m. ET; Live on Devils Hockey Network

Head-to-Head:

The Devils and Penguins meet for the third time this season. New Jersey triumphed in the previous two matchups: 4-2 Dec. 30 at Pittsburgh and 2-1 OT Jan. 22 at New Jersey.

Jack Hughes leads all players in goals (3) and points (4) in the season series. Dougie Hamilton has four points (2g-2a). The Penguins have seven players recording one point, including goals from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Jeff Carter.

The two clubs will meet for the final time April 4 at Prudential Center.

Devils Team Scope:

The Devils are wrapping up their four-game road trip. The club is 1-1-1 thus far, with mixed results. Still, the Devils picked up their 20th road victory this season in their 26th game (an NHL record for most road wins through the first 26 games). New Jersey sits in second place in the Metro Division, five points behind Carolina.

The Devils will get Jack Hughes back in the lineup after missing the previous four games with an upper-body injury. Hughes leads the club with 35 goals and 67 points. His 35 goals are fourth most in the NHL. Defenseman Dougie Hamilton has 15 goals (second most among NHL blueliners) and 52 points (fourth among D-men). Goaltender Vitek Vanecek is riding a 12-game point streak (11-0-1). His 2.31 goals-against average ranks sixth (tied) in the NHL while his 23 wins are fifth (tied).

Penguins Team Scope:

The Penguins are in the midst of a battle for a Wild Card position. They hold the top spot with 63 points, but six teams are separated by a mere five points. On Friday night, the Penguins lost to the New York Islanders, which saw the Islanders even their point total with the Penguins, and bump the Washington Capitals out of a Wild Card spot.

Pittsburgh is led by long-time captain Sidney Crosby, who has a team-best 25 goals and 67 points. He has points in 11 of his last 12 games for 19 total (4g-15a). With Crosby, Jake Guentzel (23), Rickard Rakell (21), and Evgeni Malkin (19) the Penguins will have three players with 20-plus goals. Goaltender Tristan Jarry has had an injury-plagued season. But he's been good when he has played, going 16-5-5 with a 2.65 goals-against average and .921 save percentage.

By the Numbers:

Yegor Sharangovich picked up his 100th career point (52g-48a) against St. Louis Thursday night with an assist.

Crosby ranks 2nd in goals (542), 1st in assists (934) and 1st in points (1,476) among all active players.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Bernier (hip, LTIR)
Hughes (upper-body, week-to-week)
Smith (lower-body)

Penguins

Rutta (upper-body)
Jarry (upper-body)
Poehling (upper-body)
Friedman (upper-body)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
LGD!

pingu-cry.gif

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Jack and Nico I think have a hell of a party tonight!!! LGD

I want the penguins and caps out of the playoffs

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
lähteeni.jpg

theres the source, what more do you want?

5:30 is bc the league wants games to not conflict with Outdoor game at 8.
i don't mind early starts on weekends. allows me to actually watch the games. but honestly seems like this team sucks balls in games that start before 7pm, at least they usually play really sloppy when i watch them.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad