GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - Sunday, November 3, 2013

Status Quo*

I do not like anything about the state of Minnesota. **** the Vikings, **** the Twins, **** the Wild.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
From nhl.com

Parise said it really didn't matter whether the first game against his former team was at home or away.

"Sooner or later, you have to face the music," Parise said. "It would have been nicer to get it out of the way last year, but you know in the back of your mind you have to do it sooner or later."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=22268&navid=DL|NHL|home

The image they have of Parise in a Wild sweater and Parise in a Devils sweater is really something.

I'll be honest and tell you guys that I think that's the first time I've ever seen Zach in a Wild sweater. Unless I blocked previous times out of my memory.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
i don't feel any bitterness towards either of them. they were on the team before, now they're not. i wish both were still here because then the team would be better.

It's really how I feel. I honestly dislike the way Kovy left way more than the way Parise left. I actually prefer the way Parise left to the way Clarkson left.

But I understand why all 3 left at least. I wish 2 of them were here because it would make this team a ton better.

I'm fine with Kovy leaving because I'm convinced it was mutual. "Retiring" when he did voided a deal that would have destroyed us for the immediate future. I'm not sure if Lou extends Adam if he didn't have Kovy's money free. I'm sure we don't immediately reload with Jagr.

I'm fine with Zach leaving because it's a business. And he didn't throw the team under the bus when he left and he only said nice things.

Clarkson is a tool whose agent used the Devils as leverage to get more money from Toronto and then insulted the franchise by saying we've let other players walk because we didn't have the money to pony up for big name players. The very fact that Clarkson didn't fire the guy showed me enough.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I didn't realize that Valeri Nichushkin that came over from Russia to play this year. A lot of us wanted the Devils to draft him at #9 in the draft. He scored his first goal today for Dallas against Ottawa.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
I am Walter White and the Devils are the pizza

tumblr_lyvtpxXRlf1rnzjqfo1_500_zpsf4b4a239.gif

Regardless, LGD

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'll be at the game tonight. I was tempted to bring my Parise jersey and toss it in the Wild bench, but I don't want to get thrown out of the arena. So I'll be wearing my Stevens jersey instead.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm still pissed at the way Parise left, but after the stunt Kovalchuk pulled I'm not as bitter towards him. I wished he handled the situation better, but I can understand why handled it like he did.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'd be ok with dressing Zidlicky at forward and sitting Teddy.

Zidlicky - Loktionov - Jagr
Zubrus - Henrique - Ryder
Olesz - JaJo - Brunner
CBGB

Gelinas - Merrill
Larsson - Greene
Fayne - Volch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad