GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Minnesota Wild - Sunday, November 3, 2013

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The way Merrill randomly gets called up and now they decide to IR Harrold and say Volch is "hurt"

Im telling you but this screams showcase to me.

Volch out with a lower body injury. Aka he is too slow to play

When you say showcase, you mean you think Lou is trying to trade Merrill? I hope not, I think that would be a mistake.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
When you say showcase, you mean you think Lou is trying to trade Merrill? I hope not, I think that would be a mistake.

it absolutely would be. we are far far away from competing. we need to build around our core of young d, not ship them out.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Yea, its not what I want but what I think

Why would he just go in like this. Volch has been playing well lately and he isnt hurt, lets be honest.

Merrill, Gelinas, and Larsson all in the lineup at the same time...

aaron-rodgers-champ-belt-o.gif

You forgot Tedenby and Josefson.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
My first thought, after Pete's earlier comments about dressing 7 d for warmups, was that volch has been traded

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
With Volchenkov playing well as of late, and no apparent injury I can think of him sustaining last night, I'm praying it's a trade keeping him out. It's a long-shot, but if he wasn't scratched when he was playing terribly, why now?

To showcase Merrill for trade?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yea, its not what I want but what I think

Why would he just go in like this. Volch has been playing well lately and he isnt hurt, lets be honest.

My thought is that Lou wants to see how the team plays with the kids in instead of the traffic cones. If Volch or Sal get traded, Merrill is likely to be the one who gets called up as the replacement.

MattEvan

Feb 27, 2008
New York City
tedenby stinks lol. i wish we waived him instead of urbom to be perfectly honest.

edit: I wouldn't trade merrill for yakupov. especially given the fact that larsson is not even close to a lock to be a first pairing dman. why trade merrill now?

JaJo sucks just as much. Not an NHL-caliber player, along with Tedenby.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Devils say Volchenkov has a lower-body injury.

Clowe, Zajac, Elias, Harrold, Volch...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Volchenkov has been pretty good lately, not sure this is good

He's been decent lately, but we all know he isn't getting any better. It's better to trade him now with this slight rise in his trade value, than hold onto him only to watch him decline again.

That said, if he actually is injured, you're right, this is bad.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
To showcase Merrill for trade?

No, I'm talking about Volchenkov being traded. Harrold might actually be injured because Pete is in love with him so it's hard to imagine him not playing Harrold if he was healthy. But Volchenkov, I don't know how he could've got injured besides his run in with the net last night. I'm probably just being too optimistic but I don't see why he would be scratched now since he's been playing well, unless he's actually injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad