Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Reactions: Oneiro and Skala24

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Nemec drops to 7th place in a Pronman redraft

He is two tiers bellow players like Jiricek, Writh, Cooley and Slafkovsky

I am not sure what did he do so wrong this pre-season and last season in the AHL to drop so many spots?
Absolute hog wash. All Nemec has done is improve. Cooley I get, but Nemec still goes 2OA in my book.

Skala24

Apr 16, 2015
Slovakia

I am not sure what did he do so wrong this pre-season and last season in the AHL to drop so many spots?
if nemec is a canadian or american nationality he is in the nhl

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Absolute hog wash. All Nemec has done is improve. Cooley I get, but Nemec still goes 2OA in my book.
These lists are interesting for us to discuss as fans, but entirely useless otherwise. No GM is using this to value their or other teams' players. So, it's really just one possibly more informed fan writing his thoughts for other fans to discuss.

I think his comments on Nemec reflect a bias toward size (which Pronman himself calls out in his comments on Nemec), and offensive production (which was possibly hindered by how the Devils deployed / want to develop Nemec).

The Devils seem to want Nemec to take Marino's spot in a few years - ideally while also providing some of Dougie's offense. But, I think they've already earmarked Luke to take Dougie's spot on the PP. It'll be interesting to see if Nemec can fill the role the Devils want, or if that role is even valuable enough to slot Nemec into. (the value question is what I think Pronman is getting at. Do you use the #2OA pick on a guy you don't want to run your power play?)

I could see an outcome where Nemec has more offense than the Devils can unlock, so his future ends up being with another team.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I think his comments on Nemec reflect a bias toward size (which Pronman himself calls out in his comments on Nemec), and offensive production (which was possibly hindered by how the Devils deployed / want to develop Nemec).
Which is BS considering Nemec’s numbers were very good last season, especially since you consider most of his points came at 5v5 and he had a very small amount of PP time. Nemec had twice the amount of goals Jiricek had with basically no PP time.

For me at least, Nemec’s 5v5 impacts last year were very encouraging.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I’m not worried about Nemec ranking in a re-draft.

Nemec played in a league where, compared to most other prospects, raw numbers will be lowered. Adjusted numbers are fine but raw numbers are still what is seen first.

Also, Nemec top value appears to be what is between his ears and that’s harder to evaluate and project than physical tools. So while Nemec has good physical tools he likely wouldn’t get enough credit for his reading of the game if you only view him periodically.

——————-

Pronman had Nemec as the 6th best of a top 6 in his mock draft so he hasn’t shifted his opinion too much; him falling out of the top 6 group is a bigger opinion drop than him going for 6 to 7.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
All fair and good takes. I know these lists mean nothing, but we’re all posting on this board for a reason so you know it’ll rile some of us up lol.

Reactions: tailfins

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Some recency bias must be playing into it too. Jiricek, Cooley, and Wright are now playing in the NHL, and Nemec isn't yet. Even if Nemec might be better in the long run, this is being heavily influenced by the season so far.

No consideration appears to be given for whether the Devils simply have a harder roster for Nemec to make than the Jackets, Coyotes, or Kraken.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Some recency bias must be playing into it too. Jiricek, Cooley, and Wright are now playing in the NHL, and Nemec isn't yet. Even if Nemec might be better in the long run, this is being heavily influenced by the season so far.

No consideration appears to be given for whether the Devils simply have a harder roster for Nemec to make than the Jackets, Coyotes, or Kraken.

Wright is in the AHL and Jiricek didn’t make the team out of camp (probably should’ve though) and got called up because Werenski got hurt

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Because
This
Is
Pronman.

He made mistakes before, he got love for this mistakes from Devils fans. He will get more love from them more after time.

Pronman is a good read, I would say he is better than a lot of draft writers. But he still just another draft writer with his personal view. He works on his view, I should admit he is better than he was like 5 years ago. But he still has a lot to work on.

Last edited:

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I don't know if you guys looked at the whole list, but I think what's even funnier is that he actually dropped Seamus Casey down one spot.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the guys he has in front of him sans Korchinski, which is just a ridiculous take, but I think the issue is that he has them separated into three different tiers. The only guy who should be in a tier by himself is Cooley. He has, as of right now, ridden away from the pack and is solidly the best guy in a redraft. As much as we love Nemec, there are still valid arguments for all of the other guys ahead of him and they all should at least be in the same tier until proven otherwise.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't know if you guys looked at the whole list, but I think what's even funnier is that he actually dropped Seamus Casey down one spot.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the guys he has in front of him sans Korchinski, which is just a ridiculous take, but I think the issue is that he has them separated into three different tiers. The only guy who should be in a tier by himself is Cooley. He has, as of right now, ridden away from the pack and is solidly the best guy in a redraft. As much as we love Nemec, there are still valid arguments for all of the other guys ahead of him and they all should at least be in the same tier until proven otherwise.
How much does any one writer watch full games in person or full size screen high resolution games? Watching a highlights video on YouTube on a computer isn't really going to provide great insight. A shift by shift in high resolution on a full size screen if the writer takes the time to see what the game situation is and who the opponents are at that time, sure. I'm skeptical that can be done for even the 320 top ten prospects for each team. Think how long that would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad