Prospect Info: New Jersey Devils Draft Simon Nemec, 2nd Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Slovakian defenceman Simon Nemec has excelled playing against his own age group as well as against men in the Slovakian Elite League. He helped lead Slovakia to a silver medal at the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament last summer, the best-ever showing for the country. Nemec put up one goal and five assists for six points in five games. He won the tournament MVP. As an underage player at the 2021 World Juniors, he was named a top-three player on the Slovakian team, putting up four assists in five games. He had one assist in two games in this year’s tournament before things were called off due to COVID.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I am fine with the pick. C wasnt as needed and with Slaf gone it was even more inevitable . Also really special two slovaks going one and two. That must be nice for both of them

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
If his projection pans out, he'll be an incredible player for us. A 1-2 punch of Hughes and Nemec with Muk, Bahl, Sieg and Hamilton is an incredible D core, in theory.

Having that said, I can't even begin to hide my disappointment right this second. This is worse than the Cory trade.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Neglect the position for years so we galaxy brained the pick.
Mind you, I like Nemec. I just dislike the process we took here. We neglected RHD for years in the draft so we put ourselves in a position to miss out on a likely better player. Is what it is but I'm going to root for Nemec as hard as I can. Just think we backasswarded our way into the pick.

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
great pick, glad we passed on wright. i would’ve preferred we move down a spot or two, but maybe the offers weren’t there.

welcome to the nuthouse!

Reactions: Better Call Sal

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
nemec is a great add for this team. ill be honest, he wasnt my pick, i would gone for wright or jiricek, but its hard to argue a kid with his resume. feels like a really safe bet for a solid 3D with some more upside beyond that. will be a very appreciated player down the road. funny enough, nemec was my early heartthrob for new jersey going into the 21-22 season, so theres that lol

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Mind you, I like Nemec. I just dislike the process we took here. We neglected RHD for years in the draft so we put ourselves in a position to miss out on a likely better player. Is what it is but I'm going to root for Nemec as hard as I can. Just think we backasswarded our way into the pick.

when the organization is a giant black hole, something’s going to get neglected. them’s the breaks

Reactions: njdevils1982
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad