Pre-Game Talk: New Jersey at Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Crosby and Bortuzzo are sick. Undergoing tests.

fPWfUUo.gif

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Isn't that the scrum they do at the end of warm-ups, the Adams Scrum? I swear every single game I go to, he's the one putting it home to end it (and working at 100% effort, unlike the other 18 slackers out there).

Adams, then Letang, then Malkin shoots a puck and hits Chris Stewart in the foot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah ... how long does a mumps outbreak normally last, anyway? Seems like this one has been going on for a couple of months, hasn't it? You'd think it would have run it's course by now.

I have no idea how long it normally lasts but the NHL isn't a normal situation. It's with these highly cared for professional athletes who happen to be spreading it to each other all over the country (continent? I don't think it's hit a Canadian team yet). I'm waiting for the Pens to get some mutated monster version of the mumps.

I think they've moved on to the flu now though. Next, probably something to do with the digestive system.

Zlobin done for the year. That sucks.

Jesus. That sucks.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah ... how long does a mumps outbreak normally last, anyway? Seems like this one has been going on for a couple of months, hasn't it? You'd think it would have run it's course by now.

I didn't even know adult humans could get the Mumps until this year.

I was also under the impression it had been eradicated by a vaccine. Does Canada not vaccinate for that?

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
That's not where he belongs. Adams belongs on a line bigger than the 1st line. Maybe if we trade Crosby and Malkin for the best wingers in the league and only play that line with our two best defensemen. **The Adams line**

Holy **** you're right. I can't wait till they put a statue of Adams outside Consol.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I have no idea how long it normally lasts but the NHL isn't a normal situation. It's with these highly cared for professional athletes who happen to be spreading it to each other all over the country (continent? I don't think it's hit a Canadian team yet). I'm waiting for the Pens to get some mutated monster version of the mumps.

I think they've moved on to the flu now though. Next, probably something to do with the digestive system.

Jesus. That sucks.

I know, poor Zlobin. I think he's about as lucky as BB when it comes to injuries.
Speaking of ... we were doing so well on that front. This time last year half the defense was out with broken bones. So, I guess the flu or the soups is an improvement. :(

I didn't even know adult humans could get the Mumps until this year.

I was also under the impression it had been eradicated by a vaccine. Does Canada not vaccinate for that?

The vaccine isn't 100% effective. I've been DogPiling, but can't find any info on how long the outbreaks last. Seems it's usually college campuses that get hit. I'd actually forgotten that my son had to have booster shots before he started at OSU, oddly enough ... the years all roll into one after a while :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I know, poor Zlobin. I think he's about as lucky as BB when it comes to injuries.
Speaking of ... we were doing so well on that front. This time last year half the defense was out with broken bones. So, I guess the flu or the soups is an improvement. :(

The vaccine isn't 100% effective. I've been DogPiling, but can't find any info on how long the outbreaks last. Seems it's usually college campuses that get hit. I'd actually forgotten that my son had to have booster shots before he started at OSU, oddly enough ... the years all roll into one after a while :laugh:

Come to think of it, I might have gotten a booster shot for mumps when I went to college. Had to get some shot, maybe it was that, didn't really pay attention to (or care about) that kind of thing at 18. Or wait, that might have been measles.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Come to think of it, I might have gotten a booster shot for mumps when I went to college. Had to get some shot, maybe it was that, didn't really pay attention to (or care about) that kind of thing at 18. Or wait, that might have been measles.

Probably both ... it's one vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella. Hopefully we'll find out soon what's up with Sid and Bort ... and that it's just your generic, run of the mill cold/flu.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
The #Pens have recalled forward Scott Wilson from the @WBSPenguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad