Pre-Game Talk: New Jersey at Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

That would be pretty cool if our 7th round pick from 2011 makes his debut tonight. That would probably be a first for the Shero era, to have a late round pick like him play a game in the NHL.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
If Sid is out i'd go with

Kunitz Geno Horny
Comeau Sutter Downie
Wilson Spaling Megna
Sill Ebbett Adams

I have a feeling MJ will re-unite what was an excellent WBS line in:

Wilson / Ebbett / Megna

Then probably do as you mention with the top two lines, so I'd project the lines to be:

Kunitz Geno PH
Comeau Sutter Downie
Wilson Ebbett Megna
Sill Spaling Adams

Michael8771*

I'm not the biggest Dumoulin guy here, but by all accounts he's been superb down in WB. He's more than earned this call up.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I guess Sid is out...

Jonathan Bombulie
@CVBombulie
John Hynes took a phone call during practice. Scott Wilson quickly left the ice. You do the math.

Not necessarily a for sure thing. They'd likely call up somebody anyways just in case Sid can't go tonight. Doesn't mean he for sure can't go though.

penguins2946*

Wilson / Ebbett / Megna

Then probably do as you mention with the top two lines, so I'd project the lines to be:

Kunitz Geno PH
Comeau Sutter Downie
Wilson Ebbett Megna
Sill Spaling Adams

Yeah this is what I'm hoping for as well. Damn, that lineup is ugly for tonight though.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Wilson / Ebbett / Megna

Kunitz Geno PH
Comeau Sutter Downie
Wilson Ebbett Megna
Sill Spaling Adams

I didn't realize those guys played together in WB, that would make more sense to put those guys together then.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop
Johnston on Brian Dumoulin: "He’s earned the right to come up. If we have an opening tonight, he’ll be the guy that jumps in."

penguins2946*

Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop
Johnston on Brian Dumoulin: "He’s earned the right to come up. If we have an opening tonight, he’ll be the guy that jumps in."

Well obviously, because we have 7 healthy D on the roster including Bortuzzo, who may be out tonight. That's a "no ****, Sherlock" statement.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Yeah this is what I'm hoping for as well. Damn, that lineup is ugly for tonight though.

I'm excited to see Wilson. I've only streamed a few WBS games, but the guy is noticeable every time he's on the ice. He consistently takes the body, can lay a big hit, and can release the puck in a hurry.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'm excited to see Wilson. I've only streamed a few WBS games, but the guy is noticeable every time he's on the ice. He consistently takes the body, can lay a big hit, and can release the puck in a hurry.

He doesn't really seem like a rookie when I watch him play

Ideally he has a big night and sticks.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
They'd still have Brodeur then.

My son is a huge Marty fan. I'm debating on whether or not to get him a Brodeur Blues jersey for Christmas. Debating because he's also a Devils fan :laugh: I kinda wonder if the Devils not bringing Marty back was a mistake on their part, even if he is on the back end of his career.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
That's not where he belongs. Adams belongs on a line bigger than the 1st line. Maybe if we trade Crosby and Malkin for the best wingers in the league and only play that line with our two best defensemen. **The Adams line**

How about a 1-on-5 when he is on the ice? Pull the goalie, too. The Adams-play.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
My son is a huge Marty fan. I'm debating on whether or not to get him a Brodeur Blues jersey for Christmas. Debating because he's also a Devils fan :laugh: I kinda wonder if the Devils not bringing Marty back was a mistake on their part, even if he is on the back end of his career.

Nah, Brodeur is over. Pretty sure they would have made the playoffs last year if they didn't have had him. Their issues this year seem to be more about age catching up with a lot of their guys.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This league is a ****ing Petri dish. God damn.

Yeah ... how long does a mumps outbreak normally last, anyway? Seems like this one has been going on for a couple of months, hasn't it? You'd think it would have run it's course by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad