Pre-Game Talk: New Jersey at Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Good morning from #Pens morning skate. Goc, Bennett, Letang, Crosby, and Bortuzzo are not present at skate.
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/539805322031161344

Doesn't look like Goc is good to go tonight, sadly.

Bottom six same as yesterday: Adams w/Sutter and Downie, Megna w/Sill and Ebbett. Kunitz skating on top two lines. Will change, obviously.
https://twitter.com/Mackey_Trib/status/539805991467220992

Adams on the third line is disappointing. I really hope there's some sort of reasoning behind this that I don't see.

#Pens defense was rotating in groups of three at skate.
Maatta-Ehrhoff-Martin
Despres-Dumoulin-Scuderi
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/539805998446575617

That's interesting. Dumo actually getting some playing time maybe?

penguins2946*

I wonder where Bortuzzo and Crosby are. I'm hoping the Pens run with these D pairs tonight:

Maatta-Martin
Dumoulin-Ehrhoff
Scuderi-Despres

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Optional skate, it appears.

Seems like Bortuzzo usually shows for those, though, since he's always trying to get into the line-up. Maybe it's a maintenance day or something. After the last few seasons I think I just assume the worst when somebody is missing from practice.

Edit: you're right, optional. Thank you tiny baby jesus.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
At least Megna won't be playing on his off wing.

How many more contests until Adams breaks the regular season consecutive game mark?

Crosby will play tonight; the Pens didn't recall another forward.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon

How many more contests until Adams breaks the regular season consecutive game mark?

He's got a long way to go yet, didn't Bouwmeester's streak just end at 700 or something.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
He's got a long way to go yet, didn't Bouweester's streak just end at 700 or something.
1. Don't tempt him. He'd do it... Bylsma will have a job soon.
2. I was referring to the Pens regular season streak (Adams can't break the regular + postseason streak because Bylsma benched him against Philadelphia).

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Normally there would be more sitouts if it was optional I would think.

Crosby getting maintenance days makes sense, Bortuzzo really doesn't since he's be barely playing. Im guessing he got knicked up last game since there really isn't a reason to call up Dumo unless he's gonna play. Especially since Letang is a short term injury.

You can never rule out a trade but they're always just the most unlikely option. Trading Botrz would be interesting since his value is the most uncertain. Are other GM's seeing a young, physical and cheap D with some semblance of puck skills that just needs an opportunity or are they seeing a borderline 6/7 for depth. Considering the contracts that Orpik and Engellend got you would think there is some value there.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Normally there would be more sitouts if it was optional I would think.

Crosby getting maintenance days makes sense, Bortuzzo really doesn't since he's be barely playing. Im guessing he got knicked up last game since there really isn't a reason to call up Dumo unless he's gonna play. Especially since Letang is a short term injury.

You can never rule out a trade but they're always just the most unlikely option. Trading Botrz would be interesting since his value is the most uncertain. Are other GM's seeing a young, physical and cheap D with some semblance of puck skills that just needs an opportunity or are they seeing a borderline 6/7 for depth. Considering the contracts that Orpik and Engellend got you would think there is some value there.

I think Bort might look appealing to the right team. If you pair him with a solid defensive defenseman, the two could make a formidable pairing. Bort's not going to be the centerpiece in a deal to land us a good top 6 winger, but he could be a complimentary piece for a team that needs a dman and is willing to prioritize NHL experience over long-term upside.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Looks like Fleury between the pipes tonight. Also looks like a couple of guys are under the weather.

Mumps?

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
#Pens will know later today if Crosby or Bortuzzo are available for tonight's game vs. the #NJDevils, per Coach Johnston.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Johnston says "we will know this afternoon" regarding whether Crosby plays tonight.

heh

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

moops.jpg

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Dupuis has "permission to do activity" which is why he skated this morning.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Crosby and Bortuzzo are sick. Undergoing tests.

penguins2946*

If Crosby and Bortuzzo can't play, who's going to play in place of Crosby? Dumoulin can replace Bortuzzo, but I don't think we have an extra forward unless Goc is good to go.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Johnston says "we will know this afternoon" regarding whether Crosby plays tonight.

heh

Oh boy, very surprising. Do they have time to call someone up? I wouldn't mind seeing some Dominik Uher action. Of course, Bobby Farnham is the popular choice.

Spaling - Adams - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - Comeau
Uher / Farnham - Sutter - Downie
Sill - Ebbett - Megna

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Crosby and Borts are "under the weather." Had tests done. Not sure how you test for cold/flu.

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Re: testing for cold/flu ... I meant more to determine whether you can play hockey with it.

ffs.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
That is what usually happens, right? Players are out with the flu, a day or two later and they have mumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille