Pre-Game Talk: New Jersey at Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
https://twitter.com/Mackey_Trib/status/539805991467220992

Adams on the third line is disappointing. I really hope there's some sort of reasoning behind this that I don't see.

Ebbett and Megna were lighting it up in WBS before they brought up Megna, and then subsequently Ebbett. MJ is probably trying to get Megna on his natural wing and get some chemistry going between him and Ebbett so we can have some additional scoring depth. Megna has looked like crap and been dragging down the 3rd line anyways, which is a job Adams seems well suited to.

At the end of the last game MJ had Ebbett playing with Sutter and Downie, so I imagine that will be our "short bench" 3rd line if the game is close in the 3rd.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, that game will definitely be... something when Crosby isn't playing. Smells like preseason hockey.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Devils beat writer said Crosby was at the rink before being sent home/to the doctor, if that matters any. Can you still walk with mumps?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting to see what the d pairs would be if Borts is out, i don't think they would just throw Dumoulin with Martin like they did with Borts.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Relax, guys. Crosby or no Crosby... the Pens are still going to do non consensual butt stuff to the Devils tonight. We are a joke.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Relax, guys. Crosby or no Crosby... the Pens are still going to do non consensual butt stuff to the Devils tonight. We are a joke.

I gather you haven't watched any Penguins games in the last 2-3 weeks.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I wonder where Bortuzzo and Crosby are. I'm hoping the Pens run with these D pairs tonight:

Maatta-Martin
Dumoulin-Ehrhoff
Scuderi-Despres

I'm hoping that the staff gets over their obsession with Scuds-Despres and actually gives Despres a spot in the top 4.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I gather you haven't watched any Penguins games in the last 2-3 weeks.

Honestly even if you guys are still struggling. We are utter crap. The worst coach in the NHL.... our top line center in practice yesterday was SCOTT GOMEZ. Zubrus has 2 points all season, Clowe is probably not alive anymore, Peter Harrold is playing 19 minutes a game, Henrique and Zajac are injured, Elias has 2 goals this year and is on pace for the worst season of his career, 95% of the team won't reach 40 points at this pace, our starting goalie is being run into the ground, and Jagr is STILL leading this team in points with 15 in 24 games even though he doesn't look good at all this season. Must I continue?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I guess Sid is out...

Jonathan Bombulie
@CVBombulie
John Hynes took a phone call during practice. Scott Wilson quickly left the ice. You do the math.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Honestly even if you guys are still struggling. We are utter crap. The worst coach in the NHL.... our top line center in practice yesterday was SCOTT GOMEZ. Zubrus has 2 points all season, Clowe is probably not alive anymore, Peter Harrold is playing 19 minutes a game, Henrique and Zajac are injured, Elias has 2 goals this year and is on pace for the worst season of his career, 95% of the team won't reach 40 points at this pace, our starting goalie is being run into the ground, and Jagr is STILL leading this team in points with 15 in 24 games even though he doesn't look good at all this season. Must I continue?

hey, thanks for bringing the NJ Pity Party over!

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Maybe Wilson will play. That would be nice. Does this mean Adams moves to the second line? lolol

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Well, that is a nice call-up. Could be just in case, but he has been a nice surprise down there.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Yeahhh....no. He's done pretty damn well with the talent he's had to work with. Surprised you guys aren't doing better, but I guess having a roster with so many elder statesmen is going to fall off eventually.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Yeahhh....no. He's done pretty damn well with the talent he's had to work with. Surprised you guys aren't doing better, but I guess having a roster with so many elder statesmen is going to fall off eventually.

That roster looks like they're trying to win the 2005 Stanley Cup.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Jagr said he is sick and sounded awful. But says he will play tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia