New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
DaveArt is old, tired and lacks any real innovation in design. His 3d effects and glow crap is gimmicky. I think Hillers designer should get more play in the league. He seems to always do something different and innovative, although I will say I'm not a fan of his latest Calgary mask. His Anaheim ones were fantastic.

van22

May 25, 2014
DaveArt is old, tired and lacks any real innovation in design. His 3d effects and glow crap is gimmicky. I think Hillers designer should get more play in the league. He seems to always do something different and innovative, although I will say I'm not a fan of his latest Calgary mask. His Anaheim ones were fantastic.

Not the same artist. In Anaheim he was using Airxess and for whatever reason he switched to HeadStrongGrafx when he moved to Calgary.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Well now that Dan Ellis is in Washington, I guess he can't wear this mask.

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender-13.jpg

FullSizeRender-23.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

Last edited:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO

His red one was much better than the black one.

458758386.jpg

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Tuukka needs a new mask badly in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, Tuukka had a new mask a couple season ago, but when he wore it for the first time he got absolutely lit up. He might of even switched back to the old mask between one of the periods, and he certainly hasn't departed from that design ever since. Most likely a superstition thing.

edit: to follow up: http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/12/4/5150452/tuukka-rask-goalie-mask-bruins-unchanged

Tuukka debuted this mask in a game against the Detroit Red Wings on February 11th, 2011, in which he allowed 5 goals on 19 shots in 40 minutes and was pulled from the game. YIKES. After the game Tuukka expressed dissatisfaction with the mask's construction, stating that it was too uncomfortable to use because it pinched his cheeks. I swear to god. Although he claims that he's not superstitious and that he would wear the mask again after the necessary adjustments were made, he never wore this mask again.

rask_10-11_mask.png

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
DaveArt stuff is waaayyyy too busy. I miss Brodeur's mask so bad. The last classic mask. Hiller has some nice masks though.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
If I recall correctly, Tuukka had a new mask a couple season ago, but when he wore it for the first time he got absolutely lit up. He might of even switched back to the old mask between one of the periods, and he certainly hasn't departed from that design ever since. Most likely a superstition thing.

edit: to follow up: http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/12/4/5150452/tuukka-rask-goalie-mask-bruins-unchanged

rask_10-11_mask.png

Glad he switched, that mask looks terrible compared to his usual.

I wasn't even looking, but I found that DaveArt made a mask for Rask recently that he's never worn.

unknown_mask.png

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Glad he switched, that mask looks terrible compared to his usual.

I wasn't even looking, but I found that DaveArt made a mask for Rask recently that he's never worn.

unknown_mask.png

Looks like testicles on the nose.....

Horrible horrible mask

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11357412_585488021593782_784024926_n.jpg

The Redhawk Avenger in Malmö Watch out bad guys… The Redhawks Avenger is out there and he is going to catch you!

The Redhawks Avenger is living in his nest on the top of the famous Malmö building Turning Torso, and every night he jumps out from his nest to catch bad guys, as the true avenger he is… It was so fun to create a super hero of a Redhawk, and transform the mask into a true Malmö Redhawks mask.

I love to create stuff from scratch and just play with the fantasy and create a story on the masks :) And hey, google Turning Torso and check it out, it is such a cool building in Malmö.

For sure the mask is loaded with extreme detail work to be discovered all over the mask as a treasure map. And of course all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX is here, just like all the small cute paw prints from Pontus dog :) Thank you all for your interest, and thank you Pontus, love to be your artist.

#pontussjögren @pontus_sjogren #daveartthecradleofcreativity @malmoredhawksofficiella #shl #daveart @davidofdaveart 5h

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I don't think it can all be blamed on Dave. He is not the one that comes to him asking for this and that and if the goalies wouldn't like his "overcrowded" designs, they would go back to him.
From time to time he also comes up with some amazing designs, like Ben Bishops 2015 mask (the first with the glow feature). The design is not overcrowded and due to the white glowing a bit it makes for a fantastic design IMO.

The glow in the dark stuff is also mostly made for photos, as a camera will highlight those parts automaticly (as you can see in the following picture).

ben-bishop-mask_8col.jpg

You would never get such a bright white without this technic

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I don't think it can all be blamed on Dave. He is not the one that comes to him asking for this and that and if the goalies wouldn't like his "overcrowded" designs, they would go back to him.
From time to time he also comes up with some amazing designs, like Ben Bishops 2015 mask (the first with the glow feature). The design is not overcrowded and due to the white glowing a bit it makes for a fantastic design IMO.

The glow in the dark stuff is also mostly made for photos, as a camera will highlight those parts automaticly (as you can see in the following picture).

ben-bishop-mask_8col.jpg

You would never get such a bright white without this technic

Actually I think it's the opposite. The times he comes up with good masks I bet are heavily dictated by the goalie. His regular overcrowded ****** masks he most likely has free reign and the goalie doesn't really care.

If thats not the case then hey.. every blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.. Every broken clock is right 2 times a day.. etc etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad