New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
12036425_10153624230294819_6328908395097635795_n.jpg

"When Antti Raanta moved to New York, of course his friends from Finland come along.

Antti wanted something special on his new New York Rangers mask. A dear tribute to his home country of Finland. So then a tribute design to the awesome Moomins from Finland, created by the Finnish author Tove Jansson, is the perfect choice.

And when Moomins comes to New York, of course they will play hockey at the world famous Ice Rink at the Rockefeller Center. The Moomintroll is a goalie with an old school goalie mask on his head, playing hockey with his buddy Little My.

The mask is transformed into the world famous rink, with the awesome skyscrapers in the background, among them the Rockefeller Center. All created in Rangers colors, of course.

For sure the design is loaded with details all over the mask to be discovered like on a treasure map. And of course all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX is here..

Tove Jansson is one of my idols so I can tell you I loved to create and paint this piece❤

Thanks Antti! I am so happy to be your artist and create your tribute to Finland. Antti and I have already more stuff in the pipeline.

Thank you all.❤
#anttiraanta @nyrangers @nhl #daveartthecradleofcreativity #nhl @davidofdaveart #daveart"

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't generally like logos across the pads, but Scrivens' stuff really works with the Oil drop only. Probably because it's not that outlandish of a design to have curved stitching on the pads like that, even if it wasn't part of the logo.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I don't generally like logos across the pads, but Scrivens' stuff really works with the Oil drop only. Probably because it's not that outlandish of a design to have curved stitching on the pads like that, even if it wasn't part of the logo.

Pretty much. I liked Eddie Lack's "V" pads from last season, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->