New Goal Song?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I caught the end of the Blues' shootout win over the Sabres last night. The first star of the game was Jake Allen, and when he was brought out for his ovation and interview with Darren Pang, Billy Joel's Allentown began playing.

He skated on the ice to the line 'We're living here in Allentown.'

Cheesy, I know, but I thought it was really cool! ;)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I caught the end of the Blues' shootout win over the Sabres last night. The first star of the game was Jake Allen, and when he was brought out for his ovation and interview with Darren Pang, Billy Joel's Allentown began playing.

He skated on the ice to the line 'We're living here in Allentown.'

Cheesy, I know, but I thought it was really cool! ;)

Cue up the right part of "We Didn't Start the Fire" for 88 when he comes back if he gets first star...

"Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac..."

And, holy crap, just looked at the web page of Boris Pasternak (who wrote Doctor Zhivago):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Pasternak

Does he not look just a little like Looch after a nose job?

I've always thought the idea of individual goal songs would be cool, but I sympathize with the poor music director who has to cue up the right song when a tip-in may or may not have happened. Thursday night against the Wild, (at least) two goals had their scoring changed, although I think it was just for assists.

This would be a cool compromise - instead of doing individual player music for getting a goal, do it for the first star if a Bruin gets it.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Considering the current goal song trend around the league youre limited to something beatsy or 80s/90s hair-rock.

Id definitely rather keep zombie nation than that whalers piece of crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad