New Goal Song?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Love Zombie Nation, if we have to change it, something from the Drop Kick Murphy's would be good. That Hartford Whaler song is horrific, totally boring and unenergizing.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Maybe they should have a contest like Hockey Night in Canada did a few years back? It'd be great publicity and cool hearing artists from all genres seeing what they could come up with.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I cannot ****ing believe any respectable Bruins fan want Brass Bonanza as our goal song.

Someone mentioned it to me yesterday as a joke that it should be the new Providence Bruins goal song (they are voting for a new one) and I said I'd surrender my season tickets at that point.

Let's make this perfectly clear.

**** the Hartford Whalers and everything about them including their minor league Hanna Barbara sounding 1970s goal song.
If I hear Brass Bonanza after the Bruins score I'll boo the goal.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
bieber has a new album coming out. should probably hold off and wait to hear it and choose a song off of it.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
if he cant handle the bad boy lifestyle i dont want him in office

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
how about this....

Bruins Score:

blast the horn, play "paree" for 5-10 seconds, then go into the goal song (i'm ok with zombie nation, but if they do change it, it needs to be something the crowd can sing along to)

this is similar to what the Blues do when they score, they play a snippet of "when the saints go marching in" followed by the goal song. Kind of mixes tradition with modern.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
I've been a fan of the Bruins and hockey since as far back as I can remember. I've watched games on TV38, I've been to the old Garden. I love the nostalgia and history. That said, I love trying to update the atmosphere and fan experience. It's great. Check out this clip. If you don't know already, the Sabres updated their goal song to be 'Let Me Clear My Throat' by DJ Kool. It's now the best goal sequence in the league. Other than Dallas.

Get some more updated music. Have some fun.

I have always selfishly wanted some sweet 'punkish' goal song. Something like how Anaheim has Pennywise "Bro Hymn'.

Same, I've always been jealous of them for that, best goal song in the league IMO.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Techno turned into house music these days.

Whatever, it's called EDM now. Techno is how 90's kids say it.

Ahhhh... OK

the-more-you-know.jpg

TO the main point, and to be brutally honest, I'd put up with ABBA if they played it A LOT

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The Bruins would be laughed at for ripping off Brass Bonanza.

Kinda pathetic. It's not like everyone in the hockey world doesn't know that's the Whalers song.

Eye rolls. Giggles. And thoughts of "pathetic."

Great goal song.

But...be original.

You know it will be some Dropkick song. Try to pick one that every arena doesn't play when we come out on the ice.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
"Brass Bonanza" as the Bruins goal song is like going to see Paul McCartney in concert and he all of a sudden performs "I'm Henery the Eighth, I Am".

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This song is the theme for WWE wrestler Becky Lynch. Lynch is Irish so that helps it fit Boston a bit I guess but more than anything I think this song just makes for a perfect goal song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad