New Goal Song?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This has been used by too many teams for too long.

Any good ideas for a new sound?

This is actually something the control room has been thinking about. Bruins were one of the first to use Zombie Nation but it has become generic.

They are considering sneaking in a couple of alternatives during the next homestand to gauge reaction as they would like a new song for the Winter Classic.

Don't be surprised if you hear this played at TD in the very near future.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
This is actually something the control room has been thinking about. Bruins were one of the first to use Zombie Nation but it has become generic.

They are considering sneaking in a couple of alternatives during the next homestand to gauge reaction as they would like a new song for the Winter Classic.

That would be glorious. That was my ringtone for many years.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?

Seriouisly?!!

I have Brass Bonanza as my daily alarm sound.

I would love that.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That would be glorious. That was my ringtone for many years.

This is all I know. Cam was against the idea because Hartford was a rival but he has since mellowed as almost a full generation has passed since the Whalers moved. The Red Sox have used it at times and gotten a positive reaction.

It is one of the great goal songs of all time - I would have no problems with the Bruins bringing it back to life.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I liked the idea the Vancouver Canucks (I believe) had, to use individual goal songs for each player.

Zombie Nation is great, but a bit tired at this point.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Kernkraft is one of the best goal songs in NHL. Don't want to see it changed. Especially not for that ''Brass Bonzana''...

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If they are going to mix it up, we have to hear some Nutty! Either the original TV38 version:

Or ELP.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I liked the idea the Vancouver Canucks (I believe) had, to use individual goal songs for each player.

Zombie Nation is great, but a bit tired at this point.

I hate that idea. It works for baseball but the goal song should be a unifying experience for the fans. Not about the player.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kernkraft is one of the best goal songs in NHL. Don't want to see it changed. Especially not for that ''Brass Bonzana''...

Best goal song? Yuck. It's overused and used as in between whistle fodder at a handful of other arenas.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Brass Bonanza is hands down the greatest goal song of all time.

I think it would be sad to take it from the Whalers. I don't think its right. But I also wouldn't be able to hold my smile back if they chose to go that route.

Reactions: rfournier103

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Goal song? Who cares. What they need to do is skate onto the ice to Paree again. It is appalling that they did away with that generations old tradition a few years ago.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Brass Bonanza would be the best of that bunch but I dunno, Zombie Nation is a very good goal song, I just hate that the Pens decided "Hey...lets use this" but in saying this, New York, Islanders and I think Minnesota all had the same goal song (dumb if you ask me) so go figure. I think each team does need its own unique goal song though.

Tell you what though, I wouldn't mind a new goal horn, hearing it every 3rd down on Pats games at Gillette has sort of ruined it for me :laugh: I like Edmontons cos it sounds sinister, Detroit and Rags have nice ones, Dallas is different but good I guess, just so....much....horn haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad