New coach new lines?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Speaking of Petan/Marlies guys, will someone be sent down when Moore returns? Or can they keep the roster plus Moore all with the Leafs until Johnsson comes back?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Speaking of Petan/Marlies guys, will someone be sent down when Moore returns? Or can they keep the roster plus Moore all with the Leafs until Johnsson comes back?

I believe the roster is currently at 23 players. If so, a player will have to go for that reason, if not cap reasons as well.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
I think Timashov and Gauthier stay up when everyone is healthy because of them having to pass through waivers. A Moore-Spezza-Timashov 4th line isn't bad at all.

i think gauthier will be traded for futures in jan.. hes kind of usless

Move Mikheyev up with Matthews and Nylander. Aberg can't cut it there. Put Spezza Kerfoot Kappy back together.

Hyman Tavares Marner
Soup Matthews Nylander
Kerfoot Spezza Kappy

I like that ... but i think keefe wants to keep that third line together because they will play together when everyone is healthy.
itll be a revolving door on that left hand side for matthews. Frankly i would try petan a couple of game and see if he can make anything of it.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I would prefer Kerfoot traded over Johnsson. Johnsson has a better game than Kerfoot. I don’t like Kerfoot straight up on that so you know i am definitely bias in favour of Johnsson. Besides Johnsson is a good Leaf kid that worked his arse off to get to where he is and was always a great spirit around the teams he came up on. Same goes for Kappy. I like our home grown players. They need some protect in the lineup for our guys so they can play bigger.

I agree with everything you've said but the factor outweighing things for me is that Kerfoot is a center. We're not too deep on center and if we rely on Spezza he's probably gone end of the year. For a 3C Kerfoot is on an ok contract, granted he's not very good.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Timoshov, Petan and Aberg are all basically the same type of player.

Timoshov has been really poor and is best suited for the Marlies.

Just replace them all with some size and skill.

Korshkov or Marchment when he is up to speed.

I like that post but still think Timashov is a better player than the rest. Spezza playing with him he would learn lots maybe. I still like Tima personally

Reactions: CelticDruid

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I like that post but still think Timashov is a better player than the rest. Spezza playing with him he would learn lots maybe. I still like Tima personally

People forget that that spot is actually Moore's.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Thanks. The Marlies just lost their last good C (Brooks) to injury, no idea if it’s bad but if so, I hope they send one of Petan/Engvall down.

Hope it's not Engvall. But I can see it being Petan, Goat, Timashov or Aberg. I know Timashov would have to pass through waivers, not sure about the others (Petan doesn't)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Thanks. The Marlies just lost their last good C (Brooks) to injury, no idea if it’s bad but if so, I hope they send one of Petan/Engvall down.

I'd guess they'd like to keep Engvall around even when (if?) they are fully healthy at forward. The cap would present the biggest obstacle there. I'm a bit surprised that Petan has been on waivers as much as he has, even just in considering the contract (term).

Given the most recent lineups, Gauthier might be a player to add to that bubble group that can play centre. That's assuming a team wouldn't grab him off the waiver wire though.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

And the crazy thing is that it's not just a fluke of shot or save percentages either.

Babs PK: 102.9ca/60, 61.4sa/60, 7.0xga/60
Keefe PK: 69.5ca/60, 34.7sa/60, 3.9xga/60

That's incredible, really. An awful PK suddenly turned into an elite one - literally almost cutting expected goals against IN HALF.

Babs PP: 99.4cf/60, 50.9sf/60, 6.9xgf/60
Keefe PP: 82.1cf/60, 54.7sf/60, 7.1xgf/60

Not as dramatic an improvement here but you can see a clear change in approach - they've improved their chance quality even while significantly decreasing the shot attempts thrown at the net.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I would still like to see Nylander with Tavares.

Tavares is ideally suited to go to the dirty areas while William feeds the puck to the high chance areas Tavares lives in. Also, Tavares is our best passer at centre by far and that can open up Nylander's goal scoring. Willie has never played with a great passer and I'd like to see if there is more goal scoring ability there than we think.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
And the crazy thing is that it's not just a fluke of shot or save percentages either.

That's incredible, really. An awful PK suddenly turned into an elite one - literally almost cutting expected goals against IN HALF.

Not as dramatic an improvement here but you can see a clear change in approach - they've improved their chance quality even while significantly decreasing the shot attempts thrown at the net.

i would put this as maybe 50% coaching and 50% freddie playing out of his mind right now.
the team still makes all the same mistakes and turnover they have done all year , except now we have superman freddie stopping 3 breakaways a period and stonewalling PPs on his own

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

One reason............Zach Hyman:popcorn:

horner

May 22, 2007
Moore with Mathews and Nylander .
he's the closest player we to hyman .
first on utthe puck , retrieve it pass to one of the two and then go to the net

would someone bigger and heavier .
mmmmm korshkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad