New coach new lines?

standers

Dec 1, 2015
What would you do to the lines and pairings if you were Keefe and given a fresh slate?

Assuming everyone is healthy.

Johnsson Mathews Nylander
Hymen Tavares Marner
Soup Kerfoot Kappy
Moore Spezza/Goat/Petan

Dermot Rielly
Muzzin Barrie
Holl Ceci

PP
Nylander Tavares Mathews
Marner Reilly/Barrie

Rotate the extra guys on 4th line depending how they re playing.

Same as Barrie on the PP.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Moore-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Hyman-Spezza-Bracco

Rielly-Dermott
Sandin-Barrie
Muzzin-Liljegren
Marincin

also would prefer nylander on LW despite having him on right wing

god i hope keefe fixes that annoyance

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I think the forward lines are fine as they are. The Matthews unit is producing and shuffling Marner and Tavares’s wingers around won’t get them out of the funk (hopefully the coach and system change will).

The real interesting part is the D. Again, system changes are going to trump absolutely everything. The only real move I’d make is to swap Dermott with Ceci. But then again, the GM and the coach are on the same wavelength and the GM has said that they’re happy with Ceci. Maybe Muzzin-Ceci and Rielly-Barrie instead?

Oh, and put Barrie on the #1 PP unit yesterday.

horner

May 22, 2007
Mikheyev-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Moore-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Hyman-Spezza-Bracco

Rielly-Dermott
Sandin-Barrie
Muzzin-Liljegren
Marincin

also would prefer nylander on LW despite having him on right wing

god i hope keefe fixes that annoyance
You don't like that's fine.
He will be playing in the top two lines.
We don't have alot of first on the puck guys .
He's good even though you don't think.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I know Keefe really appreciates what Agostino brings to the table.

I believe we may see one of Shore/Spezza waived, if not both and Kenny brought up sooner rather than later, due to Keefes comfort of Nylander being able to play a Centre role, allowing Willy, Tavares and Matthews to double shift here and there in that 3C capacity.

If you are consistently double shifting a rotation of Tavares, Matthews and Nylander into that slot, it gives this team some flexibility all while ensuring your top players get more ice time. A healthy Kerfoot can simply slide over to the wing or double shift himself into the 4C slot.

We may also see Holl benched to 7th defender and Liljegren brought up in another 20 games or so in order to balance out the minutes on the pairings to avoid the exhaustion we have clearly seen on Reilly.

Reactions: The Iceman

Breakaway3527

Feb 26, 2010
Until Marner, Moore gets back.

Tavares-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Mikheyev-Gauthier-Hymen
Korshkov-Spezza-Agostino

Muzzin-Ceci
Rielly-Barrie
Dermott-Holl

PP1
Tavares-Matthews-Nylander
Rielly-Barrie

No PP2

standers

Dec 1, 2015
I think the forward lines are fine as they are. The Matthews unit is producing and shuffling Marner and Tavares’s wingers around won’t get them out of the funk (hopefully the coach and system change will).

The real interesting part is the D. Again, system changes are going to trump absolutely everything. The only real move I’d make is to swap Dermott with Ceci. But then again, the GM and the coach are on the same wavelength and the GM has said that they’re happy with Ceci. Maybe Muzzin-Ceci and Rielly-Barrie instead?

Oh, and put Barrie on the #1 PP unit yesterday.

I agree that the forward lines are pretty much fine, minus some minor shuffling here and there.

Barrie should def get a shot on the PP.

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007
I know Keefe really appreciates what Agostino brings to the table.

I believe we may see one of Shore/Spezza waived, if not both and Kenny brought up sooner rather than later, due to Keefes comfort of Nylander being able to play a Centre role, allowing Willy, Tavares and Matthews to double shift here and there in that 3C capacity.

If you are consistently double shifting a rotation of Tavares, Matthews and Nylander into that slot, it gives this team some flexibility all while ensuring your top players get more ice time. A healthy Kerfoot can simply slide over to the wing or double shift himself into the 4C slot.

We may also see Holl benched to 7th defender and Liljegren brought up in another 20 games or so in order to balance out the minutes on the pairings to avoid the exhaustion we have clearly seen on Reilly.
What's the matter with holls game ?
Lily is hurt

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
when healthy

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Johnsson-Tavares-Kapanen
Soup-Kerfoot-Hyman
Moore-Goat-Spezza/Timashov/Engval

P.S. I would trade Johnsson for some defensive help (stay at home D-man) bump up the LW

Rielly XXX
Muzzin Barrie (allow Barrie to rush the puck)
Dermott Holl

Put Barrie on PP1

Last edited:

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Matthews and Marner have not played together except for the odd game because Babcock refused to do it.
Now we shall see whether Keefe tries it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad