New coach new lines?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I would still like to see Nylander with Tavares.

Tavares is ideally suited to go to the dirty areas while William feeds the puck to the high chance areas Tavares lives in. Also, Tavares is our best passer at centre by far and that can open up Nylander's goal scoring. Willie has never played with a great passer and I'd like to see if there is more goal scoring ability there than we think.
The only problem with that is that Matthews and Marner are just so bad together if you wanted to make a one for one flip. I would love to see it for a game or two though.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'd like to see Petan-Matthews-Nylander start a game together one time.

Petan is one of our best possession players buy can't get anything going offensively. Had a 75% CF in the game he played with Tavares and Marner earlier in the year.

I'd take a shot, if he still can't score or it doesn't work you can send him down and say you tried everything. I think these 3 have played just 2 minutes together in between line changes and whatnot.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We need another Hyman type forward in the top 6. Since the JT line is buzzing again, why not try Mikheyev on Matthews' line for a few games?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Getting a little frustrated with Dubas not calling up some guys with sandpaper - mainly Agostino and Korshkov. Marchment too although he's been hurt. Gravel too

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Barrie Reilly aren’t a good compliment. Muzzin is stagnating as well. We need to mix up the pairings.

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
Barrie Reilly aren’t a good compliment. Muzzin is stagnating as well. We need to mix up the pairings.
Barrie and Reilly individually have been pretty bad and not so great together. Barrie is a lot worse than I could have imagined and I was one of those who was stoked we got him. I love that Muzzin will hit but man he gives the puck away alot. Ceci has been....well not so good either to be kind. Dermott and Holl I have no issues with. Our D needs a major overhaul.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Micheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Ceci

Reactions: TopCheese

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I like Keefes willingness to mix of the lines when the team is not playing well, I like when he rewards his best players by pairing them with other elite players for a shift or two, Tavares, Matthews, Marner is a scary line.

I like the unpredictability of his mixing of lines. I like how he will double shift his best players towards the end of the period because he knows he has the intermission for them to rest.

He is a smart coach. Innovative and ever changing. Keeps his players on their toes and makes it harder for the other coach to line match.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I like Keefes willingness to mix of the lines when the team is not playing well, I like when he rewards his best players by pairing them with other elite players for a shift or two, Tavares, Matthews, Marner is a scary line.

I like the unpredictability of his mixing of lines. I like how he will double shift his best players towards the end of the period because he knows he has the intermission for them to rest.

He is a smart coach. Innovative and ever changing. Keeps his players on their toes and makes it harder for the other coach to line match.
Very very cool
Younger players will love that especially the elite ones

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
We need another Hyman type forward in the top 6. Since the JT line is buzzing again, why not try Mikheyev on Matthews' line for a few games?

He's coming and he is a legit top 6 guy

Nate Robertson

• "He’s extremely hard on the forecheck, relentless in puck pursuit, and a big-time trash talker," EPrinkside.com 2019
  • "He is an offensive dynamo, with a very high level of individual skill. His feet are quick and constantly in motion, and his hands can keep," McKeen's Hockey 2019
  • "A shifty player whose puck skills and smarts make up for his smaller frame," Future Considerations 2019

He will need s a little time to put on some lower body strength (he's small 5' 9") but when he does, he will be a winger on one of the top 2 lines.

I'd probably put him with the Tavares line because he is more of a shooter than a set up guy and you don't want to take looks away from AM.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Barrie and Reilly individually have been pretty bad and not so great together. Barrie is a lot worse than I could have imagined and I was one of those who was stoked we got him. I love that Muzzin will hit but man he gives the puck away alot. Ceci has been....well not so good either to be kind. Dermott and Holl I have no issues with. Our D needs a major overhaul.

Rielly/Barrie is certainly better than Rielly/Cecci, at this point I would take Rielly/ Aki Berg over Ceci/ Rielly.

Muzzin is one of the few defenders who can actually defend, as far as the give aways, I'm not sure its so much him as it is the forwards not providing proper support for all our d-men. In Babcock's system you would see the forwards blow the zone looking for that stretch pass, I now see our D getting the puck out much more efficiently and I see them reversing the play more frequently under Keefe, which I like.

Holl is just a smart smart player, he does nothing at an elite level but seems to do everything really well, he is playing like he did with the Marlies a few years ago. I like Dermott he has a deceptiveness in his game that I like.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

Keefs' mix and match specials :popcorn:. For his idea to work, the btm 6 need to clicking too.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Keefs' mix and match specials :popcorn:. For his idea to work, the btm 6 need to clicking too.
The btm 6 are/were clicking the last few games. It's Nylander and Kap that need to start clicking. I say leave Soup and Giraffe with JT for a game or 2 at the very least.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Johnsson - Engvall - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - GOAT

Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Barrie
Sandin - Liljegren

Freddy
SOUP (#2)

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Leafs need a new plan- how about no lines? Position-less hockey- throw out 4 deference men and a center, 4 wingers and a defense men , 3 centers a winger and a defense-man .

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Hyman Matthews Marner
Johnsson Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Kapanen
Clifford Gauthier Spezza

Muzzin Holl
Dermott Barrie
Sandin Liljegren

Andersen
Campbell

After injuries: