OT: New Boards

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And there comes the poisonous adds, this is even worse than before the change YIKES

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
The new boards are just shockingly bad, I've been here lurking for what feels like a decade and I'm not sure I'll stick around through this, it took me reloading the Dermott trade thread 5 times just to be able to see more than 4 comments 40 minutes after it had been created, its so glitchy

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
My biggest issue is the forum still hides threads if they are started by someone on my ignore list.

it’s actually worse than the old board because before even if the thread was hidden you would still see it on the splash page if it was an active thread, which was fine for GDTs

now even if you log out and copy the thread url, you are forbidden to enter the thread when you log back in.

or maybe just posters who are widely blocked shouldn’t be starting GDTs, idk

Reactions: M2Beezy

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
it’s actually worse than the old board because before even if the thread was hidden you would still see it on the splash page if it was an active thread, which was fine for GDTs

now even if you log out and copy the thread url, you are forbidden to enter the thread when you log back in.

or maybe just posters who are widely blocked shouldn’t be starting GDTs, idk
I'm also having trouble with this.

It used to be that when there was a thread started by someone I had chosen to ignore, I could get into the thread by going to hfb and opening the thread before logging in. Then, once the thread was opened, I could log in and read the thread without the input from posters I ignore, including the person who started the thread.

Now when trying that the system gives me a security message and won't let me log in, forcing me to choose to not see that thread or to see posts that I've previously determined would detract from my enjoyment of hfb.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Now when trying that the system gives me a security message and won't let me log in, forcing me to choose to not see that thread or to see posts that I've previously determined would detract from my enjoyment of hfb.

I'm not seeing this issue on my test account, are you two way ignoring these posters?

Maybe try unignoring and then reignoring them.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'm not seeing this issue on my test account, are you two way ignoring these posters?

Maybe try unignoring and then reignoring them.

nope, unignoring/reignoring didn't work

1647895963624.png

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I never used to get ads and now I do 0/10.

Also, clicking the notification bell twice opens up a different page instead of making the pop-down menu disappear. Absolutely un-usable.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
I never used to get ads and now I do 0/10

clicking the notification bell twice opens up a different page instead of making the pop-down menu disappear

No ads here. Boards is super clean.

I use the AdBlock Plus extension on Chrome & Firefox.

Click notification bell, then click anywhere outside it to cancel popdown.

Reactions: Bubbles

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I never used to get ads and now I do 0/10.

Former mods have basically the same bennefits as sponsors but the reason you are getting ads is because the ad code is still being worked on and doesn't get shut off by default.

You ahve to change your style in preferences to an ad free style.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Former mods have basically the same bennefits as sponsors but the reason you are getting ads is because the ad code is still being worked on and doesn't get shut off by default.

You ahve to change your style in preferences to an ad free style.
:O TY!

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I love that I can ignore threads, so as soon as they pop up, I can ignore proposals in the trades forum

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I love that I can ignore threads, so as soon as they pop up, I can ignore proposals in the trades forum

It's a nice feature. Given that it's so easy to ignore threads, they should not be hidden if you happen to have the thread creator on your ignore list. The "show ignored content" button at the bottom of the page is not great.

Otherwise, things are working well from my point of view and I have no problems with the layout.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
It's a nice feature. Given that it's so easy to ignore threads, they should not be hidden if you happen to have the thread creator on your ignore list. The "show ignored content" button at the bottom of the page is not great.

Otherwise, things are working well from my point of view and I have no problems with the layout.
That part doesn't bother me since I've only got one person on ignore, and his threads are so blatantly stupid so haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00