OT: New Boards

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What’s everybody thoughts so far?
Lots being worked on still, Including Implementation of gifs and standard emojis!

Dark mode is lovely

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Will definetly take some getting used to...

I actually proffered the old style, but this format is much more mobile friendly.

Reactions: geebaan

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
I like the dark mode. Only thing i would suggest if the page numbers on the main pages listing the threads stood out a bit more (feels like its light grey on dark grey).

Reactions: Canucks LB

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I've been on this forum for 20 years (previous database was lost and we all had to re-register) and although there have been some minor changes, features, and facelifts, it's overall design has changed little in those years. I'm not saying this layout is bad, but it's just too different and makes it feel like I'm not on HF anymore.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I've been on this forum for 20 years (previous database was lost and we all had to re-register) and although there have been some minor changes, features, and facelifts, it's overall design has changed little in those years. I'm not saying this layout is bad, but it's just too different and makes it feel like I'm not on HF anymore.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.

:wally:

Kidding ya old man.

Reactions: LaVal

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Feels like l'm on reddit. Won't bitch too much because this site has been active for over 20 years now and the founders/team takes time (and probably $) out of their day to ensure it remains live.

@Lucbourdon Can we bring an upvote and downvote system here?

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I love it for mobile. Way easier to navigate. I'm torn on desktop as of now, but I've been around here for a bunch of different versions of HFBoards, it becomes comfortable after a while

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Doesn't feel like a seismic change. I can only log in using Safari right now—if I access using Chrome it refuses to let me log in, but otherwise it's totally fine.

Still very good value for the amount of use many of us get out of it!

Reactions: petka and Jyrki21

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't mind the 'Xenforo' setting - seems pretty sleek overall. But yeah, they are really going to have to get that 'ignore thread' option going quickly.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The part that bothers me most is that you can’t jump to a specific page of a thread at the top of the page. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom now.
I hate that. A lot. I asked for that function back on another forum I frequent that uses the same software and I was told that implementing that would be more trouble than it is worth.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
One thing I appreciate- post numbers are visible on standard orientation on mobile. Before you had to go into widescreen for that. A funny thing- you can currently set posts per page to 1520. :D

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Need wider max width than 1200 pixels. Just a bunch of dumb white space on the sides on larger resolution monitors and more scrolling since text boxes won't expand any further.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00