Speculation: New away jersey coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

651*

Heritage is a cool store. I'm going there today to see if maybe they have a new Wild jersey to check out.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
Well, I'm late to the party. My two cents on the new road whites:

*A definite upgrade over what we had
*omit the green shoulders in favor of plain white, replace the red numbers with a clean green/white to match the bottom green/white stripe
*basically, fully commit to a clean green/white look using red strictly as an accent - and you're looking at one of the NHL's best jersey combos between the road white and home green

*love that we have left the bush league / jagged number fonts in the past
*i think the wheat gets a prominent spot on our green jerseys with great effect, but it was the right move not to go road wheat

I would like to see this franchise develop a simple but unique secondary logo. I love that we're losing the stupid uninspired shoulder patch that used to be on the road white and replacing it with the circle emblem (which is where the circle emblem looks best). But it's still kinda lame that the animal head inside the circle logo is the primary logo that's already on the crest.

In that regard, I almost think that our inaugural 'Wild' shoulder patch was the best one we've had. But I still think we can do better. There should be no shortage of imagery that would be compatible with the 'Wild' name. Maybe something in the same vein as the lake scene on the NHL draft logo, which looked amazing. This would send many people in to a tizzy, but how about the N-Star? Minnesota didn't stop being the North Star State in 1993. At any rate, something unique but simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad