Speculation: New away jersey coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Here is a pic of the jersey in daylight where the green doesn't look as dark:
0901-min-thibodeau.png

And a story about the design process: http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/9/2/behind-the-wilds-new-sweater.html

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Will take some time to get used to Niederreiter wearing Clutterbuck's old number, but if he starts piling up the goals, we'll be like Clutter-who? :laugh:

"We actually had two additional prototypes created by Reebok. They were very close to the actual jersey we ended up going into production with. However, due to fan feedback, camera tests, and logistical issues, they did not make it to the final round. Let's just say that the vintage wheat color was seriously considered."

Interesting. The edited picture he shows looks interesting, but I would see that more reserved for Winter Classic than new road jersey. I think white fits better.

0901-min-wheat.png

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

A few choice quotes:

We actually had two additional prototypes created by Reebok. They were very close to the actual jersey we ended up going into production with. However, due to fan feedback, camera tests, and logistical issues, they did not make it to the final round. Let's just say that the vintage wheat color was seriously considered.
0901-min-wheat.png

My last question for Matt was one I've seen a lot from readers in the comments and on Twitter. Are there any plans to change either the home or alternate jersey in the future?

Not that I know of. We now have a grouping of jerseys that fit well together as a family. I think were good for a while.
“It was important for our organization to maintain the primary Wild mark on the new road sweater,†said Vice President of Brand Marketing, John Maher. “We feel the theme of the white jersey fits well into our family of jerseys and wanted this sweater to have a unique look instead of being a reverse of our existing red and green jerseys.â€

And I can't help it. Halo fans will get the reference:
"Keep it clean" was the direction we aimed them after the initial concepts.
Keep_it_Clean_by_lemmonade.jpg

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
BTW, I think this confirms that away jerseys don't have to be just white, as they were working with Reebok and the NHL, and were seriously considering using wheat as the color.

I still think I would prefer rounded shoulders though. The squared shoulders just don't look quite right, especially with round shoulder patches sitting so close to the edge.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm tired of seeing this childish complaint.

Personally, the reds are now my least favorite jersey, and it really has nothing to do with the fact that red and green are Christmas colors. I honestly don't have a problem with the team wearing the reds either, but just not as the default home jerseys. The reds had their day in the sun, but now I'm starting to look at them in a similar fashion to how I looked at the recently retired aways.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Personally, the reds are now my least favorite jersey, and it really has nothing to do with the fact that red and green are Christmas colors. I honestly don't have a problem with the team wearing the reds either, but just not as the default home jerseys. The reds had their day in the sun, but now I'm starting to look at them in a similar fashion to how I looked at the recently retired aways.

Personally, I never like them to begin with.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Here is a pic of the jersey in daylight where the green doesn't look as dark:
0901-min-thibodeau.png

And a story about the design process: http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/9/2/behind-the-wilds-new-sweater.html

Notice at the end of the article, the interview touched on if the Wild plan on changing home sweaters anytime soon to match the road...they said no. they intentionally went with 3 different sweaters with a similar theme but unique looks and now have no plan to change anytime in the foreseeable future.

There you have it...the red is NOT being phased out guys.

Which is good imo...I like the reds more than the green alts. ;)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Which is good imo...I like the reds more than the green alts. ;)

I'd like the reds more if it weren't for the circle logo (which I can't stand). I wish they would've put the main Wild logo on the front of the reds, as it is on the new road whites, and I'd be cool with them.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I like the circle logo...I don't care that half the teams in the league started using them since we introduced ours. I like the primary logo too...so I'm glad we have a jersey representing each. Not a big fan of the script logo though.

For the record, I think this new sweater is now my favorite. ;)

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
What I don't get, AT ALL, is when people call the Reds Christmas trees.

LAST TIME I CHECKED TREES WERE GREEN, NOT RED, which makes our mostly green jerseys more TREE like than the reds.

I'm sorry, but I never grew up or saw a christmas tree that was RED.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

LAST TIME I CHECKED TREES WERE GREEN, NOT RED, which makes our mostly green jerseys more TREE like than the reds.

The reason people refer to them as "Christmas" jerseys has more to do with the combination of colors involved. I've never heard anyone refer to them as xmas trees, though....More like xmas elves, IMO.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I also hate the christmas references for the reds. I don't think of christmas at all with those...it's not like the original pair of sweaters...those stripes going up the arms to the shoulder...with both red and gold to go with the green...those screamed christmas. None of the new sweaters have had that feel at all imo.

Muck...you see the christmas tree reference all the time on the main board here.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I like the circle logo...I don't care that half the teams in the league started using them since we introduced ours. I like the primary logo too...so I'm glad we have a jersey representing each. Not a big fan of the script logo though.

For the record, I think this new sweater is now my favorite. ;)

When it comes to our jerseys, you and I think a lot alike.
I think I still like the reds more, but a Parise white may be my birthday present to myself this year. :yo:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN

I saw that comparison on Facebook. I was like "Uhhh... aren't Christmas trees green?" :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
There you have it...the red is NOT being phased out guys.

The green thirds are prominently shown at the draft, in promotions, and are clearly liked better than the reds.

The red might not get completely phased out, but I expect to see the green thirds take the place of our primary home jersey, while the reds become home alternates, worn only during a handful of home games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The green thirds are prominently shown at the draft, in promotions, and are clearly liked better than the reds.

The red might not get completely phased out, but I expect to see the green thirds take the place of our primary home jersey, while the reds become home alternates, worn only during a handful of home games.

I don't think that's going to happen because of the logo alone. I think the Wild are plenty happy with the green sweater being for special occasion such as promotion and playoffs, with limited regular season appearances. It makes it "more" special that way and keeps the fans wanting.

The wild said they plan no changes in the foreseeable future...swapping home and alts is a change. As much as you want it to, it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad