Speculation: New away jersey coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I would absolutely love the inverse of their Alts. Pretty much just like the Aero's have as Alts. Those jerseys are beauts.

960x595.jpg

Billy Mays Here*

Their away jersey is fine, it's that Red home POS that needs fixing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Love the Wild's green home jersey.

I don't like the red jersey for the simple fact that I always view Minnesota professional hockey as green dominate and there are too many teams with red in their jersey's already.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
An inverse if either the current home or alt jersey would be perfect!

The current away jersey is crap.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This sounds awesome.

Now adopt those road sweaters and drop the ugly xmas jerseys completely.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I like the Green/White jerseys, drop the red, gold and yellow.

Gold looks cheap on anything not made of it.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
The alternates would be awesome with a wheat background and green lettering. Then simply make the green alts our current home jerseys.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Red Jerseys are great... maybe top 10 in the league home, away, or alternate. Green jerseys are very good looking, but with green gloves, socks, breezers and helmets, maybe a bit too much green. An inverse of that jersey would be absolutely gorgeous.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Red Jerseys are great... maybe top 10 in the league home, away, or alternate. Green jerseys are very good looking, but with green gloves, socks, breezers and helmets, maybe a bit too much green. An inverse of that jersey would be absolutely gorgeous.

Half the league has a circle-logo jersey. In my opinion, they're unoriginal and boring. Plus, red is such a common color in the NHL.

It's about time management addressed the team's jersey problem.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
i just want a decent looking away jersey, and the proper Wild logo on the home jersey

ideally id like something like the green alternate to be the home jersey with the wild logo instead of text, but the red one with the actual logo would be okay too

651*

Half the league has a circle-logo jersey. In my opinion, they're unoriginal and boring. Plus, red is such a common color in the NHL.

It's about time management addressed the team's jersey problem.

Our red jerseys are based on the St. Paul Athletic Club's 1915 jerseys. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if that was an entirely novel design at the time:

St.%20Paul%20Athletic%20Club%201915.jpg

Our red jerseys are paying homage to those jerseys (and more importantly the history of professional and amateur hockey in St. Paul), for those who don't know. Most teams seem to have copied that design or theirs came after ours came out (Chicago, Blues, Columbus, Pens, etc.)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Our red jerseys are based on the St. Paul Athletic Club's 1915 jerseys. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if that was an entirely novel design at the time:

St.%20Paul%20Athletic%20Club%201915.jpg

Our red jerseys are paying homage to those jerseys (and more importantly the history of professional and amateur hockey in St. Paul), for those who don't know. Most teams seem to have copied that design or theirs came after ours came out (Chicago, Blues, Columbus, Pens, etc.)

Replace the St. Paul logo with the Wild circle logo and we have a winner for our alts. I'd love if we had a similar home jersey to our currents alts with maybe slight changes (bit more wheat with a red lining perhaps?) and as for the aways, I like the one SPMaximus has on his avatar.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
All I ask for is something that makes it not look like the team has 3 different jerseys from 3 different eras.

This x1000...

I can't stand the fact that we have 3 completely different jerseys for one team.

I do wish they would have gotten rid of the current aways when they ditched the old greens. Everything about that jersey screams late 90's.

651*

This x1000...

I can't stand the fact that we have 3 completely different jerseys for one team.

I do wish they would have gotten rid of the current aways when they ditched the old greens. Everything about that jersey screams late 90's.

IMO it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's ridiculous we have four different jerseys (or do we have five? :rollseyes).

This seems to be going on for just about every team in the league though just to sell more jerseys and bring more revenue.

I do long for the day we can see a rare 'Winter Classic' Wild jersey though. Just about every Winter Classic jersey of every team I've always thought were pretty badass.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Our reds were one of (if not the) first to have the circle. So it might be overdone in 2012 but in 2004 it was pretty novel.

Personally I'd like to see the reds shelved for all but maybe 2-3 games per year. They look terrible except for maybe a Christmas game or something like that. The red is garish and needs to be toned down.

Something like this would be nice. Darker red, get rid of the green, and the wheat stripes look nice and vintage:

p11158403p275w.jpg

Anyways for the roads I think if they slap a Wild logo on the Aeros jerseys, we're good to go. Quick and dirty:

NewWild_zpsc76795a9.jpg

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Our reds were one of (if not the) first to have the circle. So it might be overdone in 2012 but in 2004 it was pretty novel.

Personally I'd like to see the reds shelved for all but maybe 2-3 games per year. They look terrible except for maybe a Christmas game or something like that. The red is garish and needs to be toned down.

Something like this would be nice. Darker red, get rid of the green, and the wheat stripes look nice and vintage:

p11158403p275w.jpg

Anyways for the roads I think if they slap a Wild logo on the Aeros jerseys, we're good to go. Quick and dirty:

NewWild_zpsc76795a9.jpg

I hate our current reds and I'm usually not a fan of any red jerseys but I don't mind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad