Online Series: Netflix: Dark

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Finished it last night. Kind of wish it was just a 10 episode mini series though and the story line was wrapped up at the end of the 1st season.

I'm not particularly interested in exploring what they showed at the end of the last episode.

Also had one too many characters (in one too many timelines) all connected in one too many ways. At times it all felt a bit soap opera-ish with all the affairs, romances etc.

It was still an enjoyable ride though. My partner loved it, but she's a sucker for this kind of time travel story.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The only thing you could say as far as a rip off is the 80's thing and once you get in to it it's really not. I had the same feel the same couple of episodes though.

+Kids gone missing.
+Being linked to a building in the middle of the forest with a secretive company/government. The power plant reminded me of the lab from Stranger Things.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
+Kids gone missing.
+Being linked to a building in the middle of the forest with a secretive company/government. The power plant reminded me of the lab from Stranger Things.

Like I said a few episodes in it's a good comparison but later on it doesn't have that feel at all. I compared it to Stranger Things in my OP after episode 2. There are dozens of series with this premise. Suggesting it's a rip off though means ST is where the source material came from, I have read nothing to indicate that. It was green lit by Netflix back in October of 16'. Since you may not have finished I won't get in to the stuff the creator wanted to explore, it's more

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Finished it last night. Kind of wish it was just a 10 episode mini series though and the story line was wrapped up at the end of the 1st season.

I'm not particularly interested in exploring what they showed at the end of the last episode.

Also had one too many characters (in one too many timelines) all connected in one too many ways. At times it all felt a bit soap opera-ish with all the affairs, romances etc.

It was still an enjoyable ride though. My partner loved it, but she's a sucker for this kind of time travel story.

I agree and said it earlier, one year and be done. The other problem is next year I would need a huge refresher in a show like this. I'm kinda interested in the future part and maybe they can tie it together nicely but if it drags on for year 3 it better be damn good.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Zero interest in where the show left off at the end. Pretty disappointed TBH because it became very apparent towards the end that they were rushing towards that forced "stay tuned" ending with no real plan on wrapping the show up.

Too many affairs and connections that weren't really necessary and didn't go anywhere. Less of Martha, Franciszka, Hannah, Tronte and more of Claudia and Noah would have let them properly tie off the story in ten episodes.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Zero interest in where the show left off at the end. Pretty disappointed TBH because it became very apparent towards the end that they were rushing towards that forced "stay tuned" ending with no real plan on wrapping the show up.

Too many affairs and connections that weren't really necessary and didn't go anywhere. Less of Martha, Franciszka, Hannah, Tronte and more of Claudia and Noah would have let them properly tie off the story in ten episodes.

But the plan is for multiple seasons...so yeah...loose ends..

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
After taking a day to digest I'd say it was a good show which had the potential to be a great show. So many things were done exceptionally well especially the cinematography and the atmosphere in a lot of the scenes. The Hotel Winden scenes in particular were just unbelievably creepy even though nothing terribly crazy went on there. Again, it just seems to be an unfortunate thing nowadays that any quality TV show or movie has to leave space open for the obligatory sequel or continuation. 6.5/10.

Probably my biggest gripe is how Fallout 4 Claudia just popped up out of nowhere in what, episode 9, to seemingly be the "counter" to Noah. We really needed to know more about her.

Someone else raised a good point about why Noah doesn't just use the cave like everyone else seemingly does. I thought I might have missed something explaining that but I guess it just wasn't addressed in the show.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Watched 2 eps yesterday, didn't think I was going to be able to get into it because off the dubbed, took a little to get used to it but i'm enjoying it. Is it ok to be completely confused 2 eps in?

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I thought it was a solid 7/10. Good, but really flawed.

I liked the central story and I thought the cinematography was great.

I didn't care for the narrative structure. The secrets in this show felt like an episode of storage wars. The show is seconds away from revealing a major plot point then bam. Another affair / romance subplot. It cheapened the experience at times.

I also didn't like how one major plot was somewhat solved by questionable logic. Answer your G-D phone.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Looking forward to it. Season 1 was definitely a mindf***.

Here are some refreshers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Season 1 started great, but the last couple episodes were a big let down. Really not sure if I'm going to watch season 2. This post-apocalyptic future stuff really misses the tone of what made the show so great.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Season 2 is fantastic. Please don't let how season 1 ended taint your opinion on checking out the second season. I wasn't a fan whatsoever of where I thought this show was going in terms of the future stuff either, and man, was I ever wrong. Season 2 builds on the first season and does everything better. 100% recommended.

Reactions: Redux91

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I might watch the 3 final episodes of season 1. Like I couldn't even remember who was who, lol. That's the problem when it's been 18 months.

Haha yeah, that was my problem too. At least this time around, I referenced Wikipedia cause I knew the ending already. "Ooooh right, your dad is boning your future wife...." haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad