Online Series: Netflix: Dark

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Filming for the third season began in May 2019. Release is unknown, IMDB lists “2020”.

I think we're getting it June 2020. People are speculating June 27, 2020 because of the apocalyptic implications of that date in the show. That's a saturday, so maybe June 26, 2020 - if this speculation has relevance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy and montreal

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Finished the first two seasons. Yeah, I'm hooked. But, damn, this show can get so annoying. If it wasn't everybody standing in the pouring rain all the time without an umbrella in the first season, it's these long pregnant pauses every time some character asks another character a question. It was like the show was written by the sloths in Zootopia.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Finished the first two seasons. Yeah, I'm hooked. But, damn, this show can get so annoying. If it wasn't everybody standing in the pouring rain all the time without an umbrella in the first season, it's these long pregnant pauses every time some character asks another character a question. It was like the show was written by the sloths in Zootopia.

This sounds like me complaining to my girlfriend about Law and Order.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm really nervous about this third (final) season. This show has been absolutely phenomenal so far. So complex, so detailed, yet it all feels relevant. If this season heavily involves a complete alternate universe I feel like they're veering from the foundation of the show.

Admittedly I was very worried going into season 2 due to the post-apocalyptic ending from season 1, but they spent so little time on that it didn't detract at all. Hopefully that's the case here as well.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
i love this show. i try not to nitpick it so much and it makes it really enjoyable.

do you guys watch in german with english subs? I do

need to rewatch S2 again to put me back into da game

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
i love this show. i try not to nitpick it so much and it makes it really enjoyable.

do you guys watch in german with english subs? I do

need to rewatch S2 again to put me back into da game

I've never had an issue with subtitles, so I prefer the German version with the English subtitles. I tried the dubbed version, and its decent, but it takes away from the dialogue in certain scenes so I ended up noticing when it was off slightly and it bothered me :laugh: And yea, a rewatch of the previous season is pretty much an essential for this show lol.

I'm really nervous about this third (final) season. This show has been absolutely phenomenal so far. So complex, so detailed, yet it all feels relevant. If this season heavily involves a complete alternate universe I feel like they're veering from the foundation of the show.

Admittedly I was very worried going into season 2 due to the post-apocalyptic ending from season 1, but they spent so little time on that it didn't detract at all. Hopefully that's the case here as well.

For a show with so many complexities going, they've always done a great job of tying everything together, so I'm a bit nervous as well but more so excited. Season 2 I was in the same boat about the future setting, but like you said, they handled it very well. Its almost strange how this show seems to have such little hype, it truly is an incredibly fascinating show with a plot that sucks you in. It went from a show I had no prior knowledge of to one of the few "can't miss" hidden gems for me. I've suggested it to so many people at this point and they've loved it. Cant wait for the finale.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I've never had an issue with subtitles, so I prefer the German version with the English subtitles. I tried the dubbed version, and its decent, but it takes away from the dialogue in certain scenes so I ended up noticing when it was off slightly and it bothered me :laugh: And yea, a rewatch of the previous season is pretty much an essential for this show lol.

For a show with so many complexities going, they've always done a great job of tying everything together, so I'm a bit nervous as well but more so excited. Season 2 I was in the same boat about the future setting, but like you said, they handled it very well. Its almost strange how this show seems to have such little hype, it truly is an incredibly fascinating show with a plot that sucks you in. It went from a show I had no prior knowledge of to one of the few "can't miss" hidden gems for me. I've suggested it to so many people at this point and they've loved it. Cant wait for the finale.
It's not a show that appeals to everybody. For one thing, it requires concentration and a healthy attention span. That eliminates a good chunk of its potential audience right there.

Reactions: Tuggy

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I watch it dubbed. I thought it would be distracting but I was so drawn into the storyline I didn't even notice anymore probably ten minutes into the first season.

It's not a show that appeals to everybody. For one thing, it requires concentration and a healthy attention span. That eliminates a good chunk of its potential audience right there.
Very true. This is not a light watch or background show. The complaint I've gotten from people who no longer watch it was that it took too much work to follow.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I watched episode 1 and I was under-whelmed. It was disappointing because so many people recommended it.

Does it get better?

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I watched episode 1 and I was under-whelmed. It was disappointing because so many people recommended it.

Does it get better?

Yes

Episode 1 kinda makes it look like there's some sort of pedophile action going on and i can see why its offputting. (there's no pedophile stuff in this show)
You should at least try to get halfway into season 1 before giving it up

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yes

Episode 1 kinda makes it look like there's some sort of pedophile action going on and i can see why its offputting. (there's no pedophile stuff in this show)
You should at least try to get halfway into season 1 before giving it up
I'll give it a try. Thank you.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Gotta rewatch several past episodes just to get the plot straight before I dive into the new season.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Brilliant season; perfect finale. Really nailed it.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
watched episode 1 yesterday, liked it but i hope we're not gonna spend half the season in the other dimension.

if this was not the final season i would be all for it, but considering this is the finale i hope we get back to the version of characters we know since season 1

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
watched episode 1 yesterday, liked it but i hope we're not gonna spend half the season in the other dimension.

if this was not the final season i would be all for it, but considering this is the finale i hope we get back to the version of characters we know since season 1

I watched most of the 1st episode and my 1st issue is trying to remember what's different in this universe.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I watched most of the 1st episode and my 1st issue is trying to remember what's different in this universe.

They use 2 mechanics to show you wich universe you're in. When they switch universes, there is like a zoom effect on the screen with a pop sound.

Also when there is a prompt showing you a date, or a place, if the text is written with the letters inversed with the Y axis (symmetry) then you are in the "new" universe

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They use 2 mechanics to show you wich universe you're in. When they switch universes, there is like a zoom effect on the screen with a pop sound.

Also when there is a prompt showing you a date, or a place, if the text is written with the letters inversed with the Y axis (symmetry) then you are in the "new" universe

No, I know what universe they are in, it's been some time since I watched the show figuring out what's different from the original Universe.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
No, I know what universe they are in, it's been some time since I watched the show figuring out what's different from the original Universe.

got it

i'm wondering why in Eve's world Jonas does not exist, but in Adam's world, Martha exists. I'm assuming the solution to the apocalypse is to kill all versions of Jonas.
Also, i find it interesting that teenager Jonas is currently outside the loop as adult Jonas does not know how teen Jonas went into the other dimension

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
got it

i'm wondering why in Eve's world Jonas does not exist, but in Adam's world, Martha exists. I'm assuming the solution to the apocalypse is to kill all versions of Jonas.
Also, i find it interesting that teenager Jonas is currently outside the loop as adult Jonas does not know how teen Jonas went into the other dimension

I don't get that either but obviously his Mom is pregnant in this one and some of the other relationships are different so he never existed. Also, maybe the other Jonas didn't share that info with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad