NESN NESN 7th Player Award 2022

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Using an 82 game average for a guy who's never played 82. . . I mean I guess that's a thing. What's Swayman must have a killer 82 game career average :)

He's got more pts this year than in 7 out of his previous 8 and is tearing it up in the 2nd line spot, what's he at 10 pts in his last 6? Should be noted his other big production year was in a 2nd line role so who knows, maybe everyone was predicting this from him. . .

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Haula making a convincing late push for it and he’s not even an option… we should make an 8th player award and mail it to him

Those are pretty crazy numbers for Haula considering he’s only ever topped his ”average” of 37 pts once in his 8 years in the league before coming to Boston. Quick numbers looks like 24pts/season before this year.

He is right were he should be pointwise playing between Hall and Pastrnak.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He is right were he should be pointwise playing between Hall and Pastrnak.
What are his pts between Hall and Pastrnak? I know he’s been blazing lately.

Quick glance looks like 30pts since Jan 1 which I think is when they made the swhich and would be 40ish games. Thats w/o significant PP time too.

Dont think anyone was expecting that out of him (except maybe Sweeney) maybe I’m wrong though

Ooh, ok a longer look.

Since Jan 1 (when he stepped into the second line) he’s got 26 pts at even strength. That’s good for 4th on the team and has him tied with guys like Larkin and Zibanejad over the same stretch

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
By the definition of the award going above and beyond expectations, the only two options should be Swayman and Haula. Did anyone expect Haula to be the glue to hold the 2nd line of Hall and Pastrnak together? And we al thought Ullmark would get the most starts and Swayman was filling a spot and getting development experience until Rask came back, now he's firmly the #1.

For Haula to not be nominated is a joke.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
By the definition of the award going above and beyond expectations, the only two options should be Swayman and Haula. Did anyone expect Haula to be the glue to hold the 2nd line of Hall and Pastrnak together? And we al thought Ullmark would get the most starts and Swayman was filling a spot and getting development experience until Rask came back, now he's firmly the #1.

For Haula to not be nominated is a joke.
I suggested Haula before FA started as a Krejci replacement and had him for 50 points. I don’t think he’s gone beyond what was expected. In fairness I had him in SIM league so watched him in Minnesota & Vegas quite a bit and with good linemates and at least 50/50 starts he’s a better than half a point game

Had he started October with Pastrnak & Hall and had health he blows past the 55 point year

His best linemate in Vegas was Tuch

He’s always been super responsible

What did him in was blowing out his knee

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm ok with a number of the guys on the list but it will probably go to Swayman and it will be well deserved.

I'd love to see co 7th player awards for he and Linus and then they do their goalie hug to celebrate

To me, it's pretty obvious that Sway is the guy, but I would vote for Charlie Coyle as well.

Brandon Carlo?

That must be a typo.

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The 7th player award is typically not given to the player it was created for in the spirit of what it represents. All too often it ends up being the most popular instead of the surprise contributor that exceeded expectations that season. It's why I can't get worked up too much about it. It's not something that's real. It's a silly little team award.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The 7th player award is typically not given to the player it was created for in the spirit of what it represents. All too often it ends up being the most popular instead of the surprise contributor that exceeded expectations that season. It's why I can't get worked up too much about it. It's not something that's real. It's a silly little team award.
Speaking of silly, I love the Beatles and Paul McCartney but hate Silly Love Sing’

Nick Ritchie wins last April and is in here in February with Coyotes and people want him tossed off the Tobin

Aside - I need late draft picks if you got any

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Speaking of silly, I love the Beatles and Paul McCartney but hate Silly Love Sing’

Nick Ritchie wins last April and is in here in February with Coyotes and people want him tossed off the Tobin

Aside - I need late draft picks if you got any
Dan, I always have draft picks available. Hit me up with what you’re looking for. I have next year and the following I can move.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Some ways good to eliminate the stars. probably would have chopped a few other guys like Coyle and Gryz off the list just because their expectations are already exceptionally high based on role

I think some heads will explode on the board with Reilly and Forbot being options
Neither Reilly nor Forbort approach winning this honor. Both have struggled mightily this year to perform even adequately.

I understand that MR is a talented NHL player who can help the Bruins with his outlet passes and offensive skill.

Forbort, I guess, is valuable on the PK. That's about it. He underwhelms or fails miserably otherwise.

Again, Jeremy's the rightful winner here, hands down. Love to Charlie, and though he hasn't done it all year, sincere kudos to Freddie for finding his game, and his rightful place in the lineup. I'm very heartened by that. So long fourth line grinder role, and good riddance.

I have been a fan of Curtis Lazar since his arrival, and Tomas Nosek is a very good fourth line player whose contributions and "hockey sense" have been unheralded on the board and in the Boston sports media. Thank you Billy Jaffe and Andrew Raycroft for calling justified attention to TM's sturdy, smart play.

This team has really gelled since the January 1 break up of the "Perfection Line," with players finally slotted into their proper place, offense spread out accordingly, and minutes apportioned as they should be.

Deadline additions, pre, post and on the day itself, were solid and have significantly improved the line up.

Congratulations and sincere respect to Sweeney (and, I guess, Neely, though I STILL don't know what he does) and, especially, Bruce Cassidy for intelligent and effective adjustments that have greatly enhanced the roster & its playoff viability.

We shall see,

:bruins:clap:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
OMG Linus haha

full
LOL Karens
made my day

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
My choice is Lazar. Haula 2 nd. Based on expectation... Bergeron! Who would have thought he would have his best Selke career at 36!

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Freddy or Swayman.

Haula lol. Those 10 goals and 23 assists playing with two of the best wingers on the team should get him the underachievement award . Add in the dumb lazy penalties he takes.

Swayman will most likely win it, but Fred is my vote.

Nobody saw this improvement coming from him.
What do you call Coyle when he played with Hall and Pasta? When he dragged both of them down to his scoring pace.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Frederic, Haula, Smith, Lazar, Reilly, Swayman, I can't come up with a seventh.

edit: I guess Grzelcyk now that Lindholm bumped him down on the left defense depth chart. might even make him first with his team-leading plus total.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I have Swayman, Grezclyk, Haula but I’m most surprised to see only one other nod the Grezclyk?

He is unheralded but critical to our transition. I would have thought there would be at least a few voting for him. I do see Bumpers point that before Lindholm got here he’d be on the top D pair so maybe that’s why there is a lack of consideration.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad