NESN NESN 7th Player Award 2022

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Shawshank Repdemption, Eh Reilly? While I don’t like him as a player, I definitely like him as a person. Excellent movie choice hahaha

I would go Swayman in a landslide. Like many here, how no Haula?!?!

Also, Ullmark and hardcore music. I love this. I love our goalies. They’re both extremely likable.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Holy crap, imagine blasting a dude for putting up 33 points while being paid 2 mil a year. What an unbelievably terrible take.
Wasn't this the 7th player award thread? or the best price for our money-paid player thread? It's actually closer to 2.4 but whos counting.

He's our second-line center but I don't blame him for that. But he's not winning the 7th player award.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Some ways good to eliminate the stars. probably would have chopped a few other guys like Coyle and Gryz off the list just because their expectations are already exceptionally high based on role

I think some heads will explode on the board with Reilly and Forbot being options
And Clifton

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I agree with not making Haula a choice

For his career he averages

17 Goals
20 Assists
37 Points

This year he’s on pace for
13 Goals
29 Asissts
42 Points

He’s basically on pace to do exactly what he’s done his whole career

It just seems like he’s playing above and beyond because he had such a poor start to the year 5 points in 25 games that he was written off as a bust who wasn’t gonna contribute to the team

I also wouldn’t have Coyle on the list
He’s basically on pace to score at the exact same rate this season as he has his whole career minus last years injury season

Swayman should win in a landslide I honestly expected him to be in Providence most of the season with Rask and Ullmark as the 1A/1B

So for him to be the #1 goalie on one of the best teams in hockey and top 10 in every goalie stat it’s way above my expectations

Reactions: trenton1

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Shawshank Repdemption, Eh Reilly? While I don’t like him as a player, I definitely like him as a person. Excellent movie choice hahaha

I would go Swayman in a landslide. Like many here, how no Haula?!?!

Also, Ullmark and hardcore music. I love this. I love our goalies. They’re both extremely likable.
I need him to define what age he considers childhood because that’s a hell of a book to be into when you are 11-12 years old which is what I consider childhood.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I need him to define what age he considers childhood because that’s a hell of a book to be into when you are 11-12 years old which is what I consider childhood.

It says “childhood movie” not “book”. Is it a book? I’m not a huge reader but I would enjoy that. A top 10 movie for me.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
It says “childhood movie” not “book”. Is it a book? I’m not a huge reader but I would enjoy that. A top 10 movie for me.

The movie is based on a novella by Stephen King called "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption".

There are some differences from the movie, but it's good. I love them both.

On topic: I think it goes to Swayman but if there were 30 games left and Frederic stays on this pace...

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Where did this wording come from? This is different. I think this important to note, as there no more “exceeding expectations” as criteria.

This current wording is far more in line with how I’ve felt about the award for years.
1648930189155.png

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
find it kind of silly that you cant pick Haula, but you can pick Coyle. Given that they expected Coyle to be doing what Haula is doing now, but Coyle wasn't able to play up to the competition while Haula is.

Reactions: TCB and Ladyfan

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Freddy or Swayman.

Haula lol. Those 10 goals and 23 assists playing with two of the best wingers on the team should get him the underachievement award . Add in the dumb lazy penalties he takes.

Swayman will most likely win it, but Fred is my vote.

Nobody saw this improvement coming from him.
Almost nobody :)

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

17 Goals
20 Assists
37 Points

13 Goals
29 Asissts
42 Points

It just seems like he’s playing above and beyond because he had such a poor start to the year 5 points in 25 games that he was written off as a bust who wasn’t gonna contribute to the team

I also wouldn’t have Coyle on the list
He’s basically on pace to score at the exact same rate this season as he has his whole career minus last years injury season

Swayman should win in a landslide I honestly expected him to be in Providence most of the season with Rask and Ullmark as the 1A/1B

So for him to be the #1 goalie on one of the best teams in hockey and top 10 in every goalie stat it’s way above my expectations
I always took it as above expectations when compared to star players. It doesn't matter; the spirit of the award died around the time of the 2x award to dollar Bill.

Reactions: BMC and 13Hockey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Haula should be on this list for sure.

I'm just happy they are trying to get the award back to what it should be.

I'm still bitter over Kelly's snub in 2011-2012 to Seguin and Paille's snub to Hamilton in 2012-2013

Coyle won it 2 seasons ago. Nick Ritchie won it last year (he deserved it)
Haula making a convincing late push for it and he’s not even an option… we should make an 8th player award and mail it to him

17 Goals
20 Assists
37 Points

13 Goals
29 Asissts
42 Points

Those are pretty crazy numbers for Haula considering he’s only ever topped his ”average” of 37 pts once in his 8 years in the league before coming to Boston. Quick numbers looks like 24pts/season before this year.

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Haula making a convincing late push for it and he’s not even an option… we should make an 8th player award and mail it to him

Those are pretty crazy numbers for Haula considering he’s only ever topped his ”average” of 37 pts once in his 8 years in the league before coming to Boston. Quick numbers looks like 24pts/season before this year.
2034DEB9-0392-4195-AC34-4DC13C0A9F78.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad