NESN NESN 7th Player Award 2022

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It won't be Frederic.

It will be Swayman.
I guess. I had him a star coming in and expected this but I need to remind myself I watched him so much at Maine and others be it Cory Pronman or Bruins fans didn’t know the guy

Yah he probably gets but shouldn’t - guys a future franchise goalie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Doesn't that describe Craig Smith?
1648910831647.jpeg

Can’t vote for a guy with this hair cut

Seriously he’s got 190 career goals and could hit 300 which is crazy

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
"The 7th Player Award is given each year to the unsung hero on the team – the player that works hard every day for the good of the team without any expectation to be recognized."
Where did this wording come from? This is different. I think this important to note, as there no more “exceeding expectations” as criteria.

This current wording is far more in line with how I’ve felt about the award for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Haula for me. Stepped into that second line roll and in doing so really help solidify the forward corps. Continues to improve too.

When he started successfully manning that spot in the lineup the outlook of this changed.

Reactions: Ladyfan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Freddy or Swayman.

Haula lol. Those 10 goals and 23 assists playing with two of the best wingers on the team should get him the underachievement award . Add in the dumb lazy penalties he takes.

Swayman will most likely win it, but Fred is my vote.

Nobody saw this improvement coming from him.

2nd line didn’t take off until he was apart of it and the team has been on another level since then. Haula is absolutely a candidate, and he’s a better one than 3/4 of the list. Your top 2 is my top 2 though, I agree with that.

Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For me it's Swayman by a mile. He's their number one goalie, despite Sweeney not willingly giving him the job. He literally took it from Ullmark and made it look easy...

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Swayman and it's not even close. The team is not in the position it's in without Swayman emerging as the obvious number 1 goalie.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Swayman for me.
I too have been watching him since Maine days.
I had him penciled in this year as Linus backup or if Rask got healthy being sent to Prov as # 1 down there.
Because of waiver exemption status.

For that, for this year, he’s exceeded my expectations.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Swayman for me.
I had him penciled in this year as Linus backup or if Rask got healthy being sent to Prov as # 1 down there.

I agree it will be Swayman. I just thought Haula should have been considered an option for fans to pick.

Reactions: wintersej

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Swayman for me.

Swayman is the easy (only) choice under the criteria of exceeding expectations. But since that’s no longer the phrasing, I’m voting different.

EDIT: Speaking of which, am I the only one who can’t figure out how to vote?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Freddy or Swayman.

Haula lol. Those 10 goals and 23 assists playing with two of the best wingers on the team should get him the underachievement award . Add in the dumb lazy penalties he takes.

Swayman will most likely win it, but Fred is my vote.

Nobody saw this improvement coming from him.
Holy crap, imagine blasting a dude for putting up 33 points while being paid 2 mil a year. What an unbelievably terrible take.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Doesn't that describe Craig Smith?

Definitely a fair statement. It does feel like the text has changed, as it used to feel more like it was about a player who did more than expected.

Smith fits the definition posted better than Many. that said, he has performed exactly as expected for 2 years. The guy just does his job every day.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Haula gets my vote.. but IMO it'll be Swayman.

He's posted very good number's, but it's a popularity contest and him hugging Ullmark after each win, plays into him getting more votes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad