NE's & Getz's GM Game #5 - Sign Up + Discussion (Game Closed)

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
Just to let everyone know I am open to taking in a cap dump or two depending on what comes with the player.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
[fieldset=TSN.ca | May 16th 2011]

TRUE NORTH BUYS ATLANTA THRASHERS; RE-LOCATE TO WINNIPEG

TSN.ca has learned that the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold. The impetus to close a deal came early last week, and with approval from NHL Commissioners Ryan Getzlaf and Number Eight, the deal was finalized and franchises properties belonging to the now de-funct Atlanta Trashers were sold to True North Sports & Entertainment

The deal included two propositions.

(1) The franchise is to be re-located to Winnipeg, Manitoba and will play out of the MTS Center in the 2011-2012 season

(2) The logo and "Jets" trademark are now properties of True North Sports & Entertainment

Rick Dudley has been relieved of his duties and Soli has been named new GM of the Winnipeg Jets.

In a breif conference call, GM Soli had this to say,

"This is a great day for the city of Winnipeg and Jets fans everywhere. First and foremost I'd like to thank True North Sports & Entertainment, who's tireless work has brought hockey back to Winnipeg. We are inheriting a very young organization that shows promise, but has many areas that need improvement that perhaps only time and development can bring. The fans of Winnipeg have been very patient, and that virtue will be tested longer still as we look to build upon what we have have."

More details to come...

winnipegjetsing.jpg

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
can i join up then? this sounds like alot of time killing fun. id love to see what i can do ha. ill take the boston bruins

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
90% of franchises are accounted for. Good enough to set some dates?

johnnydollaz89*

im sure u will get approved for both teams so we need 1 more team so we can get this bad boy started and announce trades

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
im sure u will get approved for both teams so we need 1 more team so we can get this bad boy started and announce trades

Only Buffalo left right?

Not a bad team to have for this game... a fair bit of cap space and some nice young players to build around.

johnnydollaz89*

yeah i guess so so lets go on the Sabres forum and get some1

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Après la mort de leur propriétaire de majorité, les Blue Jackets organisation a tiré la détente sur une vente qui enverrait les milliers de franchise de kilomètres loin à la ville de québec.

L'héritier à la dernière propriété de McConnell de Phillip de magnat en acier a vendu la franchise à Quebecor qui a commencé instantanément le travail sur une affaire acheter les droits à la franchise de Nordiques de Québec de l'Avalanche de Colorado.

In short,

work.3526853.1.fig,white,mens,fbfbfb.quebec-nordiques-v3.jpg

Fixed

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
You can begin sending in deals at 5PM. Same rules apply as last time for trading. I encourage everyone to re-read the rules to make sure they understand both the old rules and the updated ones.

Also, use caution when trading for UFA rights. Chances are, if they're being shopped, they're just looking to test FA and they won't sign with you.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
the islanders have two deals to announce.
However, they do not involve a superstar forward. One of these trades might shock the public, according to sources.
M Moulson Ale press conference at 5:00 p.m. EST.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1