NE's & Getz's GM Game #5 - Sign Up + Discussion (Game Closed)

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
This game is now closed.​

:nhl
NE's & Getz's GM Game
To join the game, post below with the team you'd like to manage. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.​

[FIELDSET="Revised Rules"]
  • For the first time in this GM Game series, the game will not begin before the season. Instead, we will begin before the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, move into 2011 Free Agency, and later move into the 2011-12 NHL Season.
  • There are now six agents instead of four.
  • Because we are starting after the 2011 Playoffs, injuries won't count once we go into the 2011-12 NHL Season.
  • For anyone wondering, I'm not a GM in this game because I feel it'd be easier to run this game if I wasn't.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Commissioners"]
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="League Schedule"]
  • Game Begins: May 17th, 5:00PM
  • Entry Draft: May 24th, 5:00PM.
  • Free Agency: May 26th, Noon
  • Free Agency Ends: June 5th, Noon
  • Season Begins: June 6th, Noon
  • Trading Deadline: June 13th, 11:59PM.
  • Standings Voting: June 14th
  • Quarterfinal Voting: June 15th
  • Semi-final Voting: June 16th
  • Conference Final Voting: June 17th
  • Cup Finals: June 18th
All times are EST and are subject to change
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Sign-Up"]
  • Sign up is now back to traditional form. Post below with the team you'd like to manage.
  • You won't necissarily get your team, I have to have full confidence that you will be active.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Agents"]
[/FIELDSET]

[FiELDSET="Job Information"]
  • If you'd like to apply for a job, send me a PM as you would for a GM job. Some convincing that you're right for the job may help your case.
  • Refer to this list for information on jobs, so you know who to talk to for what.
  • Main Commissioner - New for this game, there will now be two main commissioners rather than one main and two secondary. Both Number Eight and Ryan Getzlaf have full veto and firing power. Both review trades of all types.
  • RFA Agents - The RFA agents review all offers for restricted free agents for their respective positions.
  • UFA Agents - The UFA agents review all offers for unrestricted free agents for their respective positions.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Salary Cap"]
  • $59,400,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at all times, any trade completed that puts a team over the cap will be vetoed.
  • Use CapGeek to find players salaries as well as NTCs and NMCs.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Signings and Re-signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents (see staff listings above.)
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeek.
  • Try to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • New to this game is a waiver method similar to the NHL's. If you'd like to claim a player off waivers, PM the Main Commissioner with a claim (use the full player's name and the team he's playing for). After twelve hours, the team highest on the wire that put in a claim will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the next team on the wire that put in a claim will get the player.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • The waiver wire clock is twelve hours.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to Ryan Getzlaf AND Number Eight. Any trade not sent to these two will be vetoed.
  • For this game, there will be a trade thread rather than one long post in this thread. Only commissioners will be allowed to post there, however, so you still need to announce the deals here.
  • Deals involving NTCs or NMCs MUST be confirmed by BOTH commissioners before being announced, or it will be vetoed. Include a reason why the player will waive to be traded.
  • We will be cracking down hard on NTC's in this game. Too many were waived last time. If a commissioner says an NTC won't waive, then no means no. Don't try to convince them otherwise, or further discipline may be necessary.
  • Any trade, NTC or not, announced before being sent in will be vetoed.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed.
  • If a trade puts a team over the cap, it will be vetoed.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again. There will also be less tolerance for "quick revisions", so the deal will have to be significantly different to be accepted the second time around.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Entry Draft"]
  • Number Eight will run the draft. All rules for the Draft can be revised by him.
  • The Draft will be held at the beginning of the game, after the re-sign phase but before free agency.
  • If you won't be active, send a list of players you would like to have auto'd for you to the Number Eight.
  • After the draft, there will be one final day to re-sign any players to new contracts. After that day, any players not re-signed will enter free agency.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • The UFA agent will keep track of signings/re-signings, but it helps if you keep track of your own as well.
  • Any player on the IR at the time of the game start will not be in play. You can't trade them or add them to your active roster.
  • This is the official chat room for the game. There you can discuss trading openly. Keep in mind that there's no 'privacy mode' there so if you want a more private negotiation, please take it to PM instead.
  • All of HF's rules apply in the chat (i.e. no nudity, suggestive content, ect.)
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to PM me.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Western Conference"]
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Eastern Conference"]
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Previous Games"]
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Just a reminder, please send in a list of multiple teams that you would like to manage, rather than just one. It'll make it easier when the time comes to determine who gets what.

Also, a job change to announce, Instead of two agents, there will be six: UFA Forwards, UFA Defensemen, UFA Goalies, RFA Forwards, RFA Defensemen, and RFA Goalies. This is to soften the workload for agents and to hopefully make signings more realistic. You may apply for up to two agent jobs.

All staff jobs are still open, so send in your applications for that as well.

Lastly, remember not to post here until I give the "OK". Thanks!

EDIT: Also changed up the Offseason Commissioner's responsibility. From the end of the playoffs through the offseason in this game, he will be the Main Commissioner, so be ready for that responsibility when you apply!

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

;)

:nhl LEAGUE UPDATE

So far, we've seen many applicants for GM jobs. Edmonton has received the most interest by far, while Columbus, Minnesota, Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina, Florida, and Toronto have recieved no interest.

Number Eight has been named the Trade Commissioner for this season.

For those of you wondering when you will here back about job acceptance/rejection, it will most likely be in the next 1-2 weeks. I'm trying to give everyone an opportunity to apply for their #1 team. After I announce the first wave, those of you who didn't get a team will have another window of opportunity.

RE-UPDATE: I've decided that I will announce the first wave of signings within the next few days. Also, just a reminder, this is a GM Game and there won't be a fantasy draft.

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

The first wave of GM signings has been announced.

Anaheim Ducks - RedwingsnCudi13
Calgary Flames - JumpierPegasus
Colorado Avalanche - Number Eight
Dallas Stars - johnnydollaz89
Detroit Red Wings - Ryan Getzlaf
Edmonton Oilers - fedro91
Los Angeles Kings - CooperDean
Nashville Predators - Bring Back Scuderi
San Jose Sharks - donghabs98

New York Islanders - M Moulson Ale
New York Rangers - OrangeZebra
Philadelphia Flyers - RedGibby
Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitt's Best #87 #66
Washington Capitals - Capital Punishment

If you don't see your name here, don't fret. I'm still considering some applications from potential GM's. Any team not seen here is still open for applications.

Remember, no posting! And the game is still planned to begin May 25th.

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

CooperDean has been named the UFA D Agent, while JumpierPegasus will be the UFA F Agent. Still looking for all RFA Agents as well as a UFA G Agent. Also pursuing an Offseason Agent that will take full control of the game from the Entry Draft through the offseason of the game.

Very few applications in for the remaining teams. If we get all the GM's before the set starting date (May 25th) then I will move the starting date closer, but as of right now we're nowhere close to starting.

EDIT: We've made a few changes. Instead of one Main Commish and two secondaries, NE and I are now both Main Commissioners. This will hopefully avoid confusion between who does what and make the game run smoother. Also, all of the Agent jobs have been taken except for the RFA Forward, so get your application in before it's gone!

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

I know you guys must be getting a bit anxious to start (I am as well). The sign-up has gone pretty well, but there's still twelve teams open that need to be filled, as well as an agent job.

Also, I will be gone this weekend (13th-15th) so don't worry if I don't get back to you during that time.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

Sign-up is now back to traditional post form. You may now discuss anything as you wish, but trading is still not allowed.

Hopefully we can get these 10 teams knocked out soon.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Ill take Ottawa or if they are taken St Louis

There's a list of open teams man, and there both open.

:kings

Will intend on going after a winger of high calibre, be prepared for our ridiculus offer likely involving Brayden Schenn for you top line winger. (exeption to Marian Gaborik and Dany Heatley;))

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
Yea why I choose those two either team would suit me, I would prefer St Louis this time

Last edited:

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
:kings

Will intend on going after a winger of high calibre, be prepared for our ridiculus offer likely involving Brayden Schenn for you top line winger. (exeption to Marian Gaborik and Dany Heatley;))

We're allowed to talk about this stuff here? There's not a separate thread?

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
2 questions:
1. Are we allowed to start talking to other gms without announcing trades or do we have to wait till trading begins to start talking,
and​
2. Do we post team wants and untouchables in this thread or will their be another thread for that?

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:flyers

Flyers Priorities (when game starts):
1. Shed Cap
2. Acquire a 1st rd Draft Pick
3. Get Solid Starting Goalie

sakupi

Dec 5, 2010
Montreal Canadiens work sheets ( when game start )

- Need a Winger to play on top 6
- Need a top 4 defenseman
- Trade some veterans for younger players.
- Need some draft picks, specially in the first 3 round.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
You can start talking to teams but you can't trade players until we have all the teams. You can chat in here but right now we are trying to focus on getting the last 10 GMs. Me or RG will post whatever threads we need later on.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
:leafs

Off Season Priorities
- Acquire a number 1 centerman
- Add more scoring depth throughout the lineup
- Add vetran presence throughout the lineup

I intend to do my best Brian Burke impression for this game. The Leafs intend to be very active in both the trade and free agent market. We have a ton of cap space to work with and intend on being a playoff team next season.

No player is untouchable on our roster. The Leafs will entertain all serious offers.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Ill take Ottawa or if they are taken St Louis

You can have Ottawa.

We're allowed to talk about this stuff here? There's not a separate thread?

Yes, you can discuss the game here. This will be the main thread.

There will probably be a seperate trade thread, but not for trade talk, just for trade announcemtns

Correct.

2 questions:
1. Are we allowed to start talking to other gms without announcing trades or do we have to wait till trading begins to start talking,
and​
2. Do we post team wants and untouchables in this thread or will their be another thread for that?

1. Yes, you may start negotiations but any deals sent in will be vetoed.

2. There's a transaction thread that I will be opening up, you may post your block information there. You can post block information here as well, if you wish.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
:wings

We will be pushing hard for a true #1 goalie this season. Rafalski, Howard, and prospects/picks might be packaged to get a star goalie for us. Hudler and Stuart are two main players on the block. We would like to get a top niner and a solid defenseman for them, respectively.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
:bolts
are willing to talk about any player in a deal except Stamkos and Hedman, my 2 untouchables.... We would like to acquire a top 6 forward, top 4 defensemen, and are looking to possibly get a younger nhl goalie to be our franchise goaltender. We want to add good young nhl players to our team as well. We want to get a cheaper back-up and are shopping Mike Smith. We also want to get cheaper defensemen so I might trade players like Brewer, Kubina, Clark. If anyone has interest in any player(s) on my team u can pm me, it doesn't mean I will trade anyone like a firesale, but am willing to talk to any team to make deals...

Last edited:

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
The Transaction and Roster Threads are now open for business. It's important that you post your rosters for reference. You'll also need to keep track of your cap hit there.

johnnydollaz89*

Brad Richards WILL be dealt so PM me with any offer

Dont bother asking for Benn, Campbell pretty much the only 2 guys i wont deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad