News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The difference, to me, isn't a question of what era we're in, let's not act as if a career in pro sports is the same as any other. Such a career requires discipline and professionalism at a very young age because their prime years are usually between 25 and 30 as opposed to simply acquiring experience and getting better at your trade all the way to retirement in your 50's-60's.

I'm not saying he's a lost cause, far from it, I just think his career would benefit from the presence of veterans around him.

Way to backpeddle :laugh:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Why are they negotiating?

Rookie maximum, three year contract, that is all.

Kristo is not a fool and can more than likely smell ***** from a mile away. You don't think he's aware of how we develop rookies? Well, at least in the last 20 years... He's a heck of a lot smater than people give credit. Me? I'd HAUL arss. Look at the posts here LMAO!

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Kristo is not a fool and can more than likely smell ***** from a mile away. You don't think he's aware of how we develop rookies? Well, at least in the last 20 years... He's a heck of a lot smater than people give credit. Me? I'd HAUL arss. Look at the posts here LMAO!

Huh?

Serious?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I didn't think negos with a player with no bargaining power took that long.

Officially couldn't start until the end of the loss to Yale. But I suspect
being dressed for a least one NHL game is a thing that gets negotiated.
Or in the other direction, IIRC he can sign a PTO and play with Hamilton,
and then sign with Montreal in the summer. And of course these options
can be balanced with the size and/or likelyhood of bonuses.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I didn't think negos with a player with no bargaining power took that long.
Well it's not like it's been a long time since his team got eliminated. There are things worth negotiating though:

1. Bonuses
2. Sign contract for this season or next season - Kristo will likely want it to be this season like Frattin for example...that way he can become RFA after 13/14. Habs might try to get him to PTO to Hamilton saving that ELC year and guarantee 2 cheap years.

Either way, all things point to him being signed soon.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have to expect some news real soon. I mean, there are not a whole lot of games left. Kinda surprised it's not done yet.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'm thinking we need to bring him to MTL now.

We're looking at Mike Blunden playing our next game...which is never that great a situation to be in.

Most importantly, we're looking at a situation where if we lose 1 of Gio/Ryder/Patches/BGally to injury, it's either a possibly out of gas Galchenyuk playing in our top 6 or...gasp...Moen? Prust? in the top 6.

Bourque, even if he's progressing, will need probably 2 weeks to get into game shape.

We can use Danny Kristo.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I'm thinking we need to bring him to MTL now.

We're looking at Mike Blunden playing our next game...which is never that great a situation to be in.

Most importantly, we're looking at a situation where if we lose 1 of Gio/Ryder/Patches/BGally to injury, it's either a possibly out of gas Galchenyuk playing in our top 6 or...gasp...Moen? Prust? in the top 6.

Bourque, even if he's progressing, will need probably 2 weeks to get into game shape.

We can use Danny Kristo.

Yes we could use a top 9 forward. Injuries will happen. And Bourque
is an "if or when" until he is cleared to play.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
No news is bad news....
He should have already signed...

It's sad because he is IMO our best prospect currently not in the NHL. It would be so bad to not sign him after waiting for him for so long !!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No news is bad news....
He should have already signed...

It's sad because he is IMO our best prospect currently not in the NHL. It would be so bad to not sign him after waiting for him for so long !!

Kinda worried too. Though, don't think a whole lot of NCAA prospects that are also done or could be done signed with their NHL teams either. Not sure if it's just a question of school or anything. Or it takes time. Thing is, Bergevin is so tough on negotiations that based on his junior career, Kristo might want 1st rounder money and Bergevin doesn't want to give him that. I keep saying it...Kristo is our an untouchable prospect and our most important one that doesn't play in the Pros already. We have to get him here.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Kinda worried too. Though, don't think a whole lot of NCAA prospects that are also done or could be done signed with their NHL teams either. Not sure if it's just a question of school or anything. Or it takes time. Thing is, Bergevin is so tough on negotiations that based on his junior career, Kristo might want 1st rounder money and Bergevin doesn't want to give him that. I keep saying it...Kristo is our an untouchable prospect and our most important one that doesn't play in the Pros already. We have to get him here.

The problem here could be his AHL salary. Pretty sure both parties agree that a deal will be around 800K-900K, but then the problem could be to determine how much he gets IF he plays in the A next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino