News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Just a fan and have been wrong many times, but I have a spooky feeling about this kid. I would urge the brass to error on the side of safety and sign him ASAP. He can still go to Europe... right?

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
People want to make comparisons to NHL level talent. I'd start with Kadri. They were basically equal in output & level of play in 2010 juniors.

Leaf fans will wonder what is taking Kristo so long (& baulk at the comparison) but Kadri hasn't really been a recognizable force until the beginning of this season on January 19th, 2013. Also Kristo wanted to honour North Dakota & had personal stake in doing so. It's not like Kristo is perhaps that much further away from his dominance debut versus Kadri. It could be in 6 months....maybe.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
We should trade him for a vet on his last legs, because that's the only way to win the cup.

Throw in the CGY 2nd too. The pick won't be ready for 7 years anyway according to some here.

Jets just signed Trouba, around 9 days after his season ended. Granted that's a bit different since he had 3 years left compared to none for DK, but let's not freak out if Kristo isn't signed by the end of this week either.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
People want to make comparisons to NHL level talent. I'd start with Kadri. They were basically equal in output & level of play in 2010 juniors.

Leaf fans will wonder what is taking Kristo so long (& baulk at the comparison) but Kadri hasn't really been a recognizable force until the beginning of this season on January 19th, 2013. Also Kristo wanted to honour North Dakota & had personal stake in doing so. It's not like Kristo is perhaps that much further away from his dominance debut versus Kadri. It could be in 6 months....maybe.

I don't see the Kadri comparison as Kristo isn't a center and his game is based on speed and his shot. Kadri is more of a playmaker/distributer and plays like a poor man's Giroux, whereas Kristo is more of a poor man's Kessel with a little grit sprinkled into his game.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We should trade him for a vet on his last legs, because that's the only way to win the cup.

But the team will never be this good. We need to strike while we're still on this possible hot streak even though that'd mean this team wasn't really good enough to win now anyways!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The kid past up a 300k AHL contract to stay in UND. Why? He felt passion and love for UND. Me? I would have left in a picosecond and banked the cash knowing I could be injured during any game at the age of 21... with no recourse. Here we are. Maybe Danny, who is no fool, is contemplating if we deserve that type of loyalty. Do we?

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
The kid past up a 300k AHL contract to stay in UND. Why? He felt passion and love for UND. Me? I would have left in a picosecond and banked the cash knowing I could be injured during any game at the age of 21... with no recourse. Here we are. Maybe Danny, who is no fool, is contemplating if we deserve that type of loyalty. Do we?

LOL. 300k? Are you kidding? More like 30k?

I'm sure his life was way better in College than being with the Bulldogs. His team at UND was even playing in the greatest arena in North America.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
LOL. 300k? Are you kidding? More like 30k?

I'm sure his life was way better in College than being with the Bulldogs. His team at UND was even playing in the greatest arena in North America.

I don't think 30k is right for a 3 year deal... I could be wrong.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
I don't see the Kadri comparison as Kristo isn't a center and his game is based on speed and his shot. Kadri is more of a playmaker/distributer and plays like a poor man's Giroux, whereas Kristo is more of a poor man's Kessel with a little grit sprinkled into his game.
Fair enough. I should have pointed out that I base the assessment solely based on production output. My bad

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

dont know how this got overlooked but just want to echo this

:yo::yo::yo:

Previous CHN Player of the Year winners

2012 Austin Smith, Colgate
2011 Matt Frattin, North Dakota
2010 Marc Cheverie, Denver
2009 Matt Gilroy, Boston University
2008 Kevin Porter, Michigan
2007 T.J. Hensick, Michigan
2006 Ryan Potulny, Minnesota

This would be why it got overlooked. Now Frattin is thought of highly by the Leafs and I'm surprised Matt Gilroy & T.J. Hensick didn't have better careers, but still, winning this is not a guarantee of success and neither is winning the Hobey Baker.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I'm thinking we need to bring him to MTL now.

We're looking at Mike Blunden playing our next game...which is never that great a situation to be in.

Most importantly, we're looking at a situation where if we lose 1 of Gio/Ryder/Patches/BGally to injury, it's either a possibly out of gas Galchenyuk playing in our top 6 or...gasp...Moen? Prust? in the top 6.

Bourque, even if he's progressing, will need probably 2 weeks to get into game shape.

We can use Danny Kristo.

The thing is we need a scoring winger (3rd line for Kristo, obviously) to force Therrien to use a 4th line of Moen/Armstrong/White/whoeverelseshouldbeonthe4thline instead of tossing one of them onto the 2nd or 3rd line wing to fill in a spot. We've been so much more effective in the games where our top 9 is filled with top 9 players. Sounds obvious, but it's rarely something we've been able to see in recent years and have a chance to really have it for once.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
The thing is we need a scoring winger (3rd line for Kristo, obviously) to force Therrien to use a 4th line of Moen/Armstrong/White/whoeverelseshouldbeonthe4thline instead of tossing one of them onto the 2nd or 3rd line wing to fill in a spot. We've been so much more effective in the games where our top 9 is filled with top 9 players. Sounds obvious, but it's rarely something we've been able to see in recent years and have a chance to really have it for once.

I could see Bourque being healthy by PO meaning that either Galchenyuk or Prust gets demoted to the 4th line. If there's an injury to the top 9, Prust/Chuckie moves back to the 3rd. Dumont played pretty well while he was up here and I can definitely see him being played on the wing on the 4th line after the TD (when the roster could be more than 23 players).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille