Trade: [NE/SF] Jimmy Garoppolo for 2018 2nd round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Doubt they'd traded a 2nd round pick for him only to not sign him.
They can always franchise tag Jimmy. So, no matter what, he will be in SF next season.

Wow, guess all those football analysts got it wrong that Jimmy was worth 2 firsts and a couple of seconds or something.

With Jimmy in the helm, thing SF can win 2 games and thus leave Cleveland with the top pick in the draft.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They’ll franchise him. Wtf are we talking about? The pick is almost certainly going to be #33, you don’t trade that for 8 games of a player.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kevin Jones (49ers insider) said this has been in the works for a while. Shanahan is not really enamored with the 2018 QB class and Lynch doesn't want to break the bank for a QB with so many holes on offense.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Like has been said, he'll be franchised if a deal isn't reached beforehand. Sf has like 100 mil in cap space.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Well, as a Pats fan I am sad to see Jimmy G leave.

Congrats 49ers fans, you now have the hottest QB in the league......and I think he'll be pretty damn good for you so long as he holds up physically. Guy has some really nice tools.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Maybe the league has wised up to not hiring Pats coordinators, but their backups have been just as big a batch of small pox infested blankets.

Anyway as the Broncos will be delving in the QB market again, I'm one less team will be at the trough.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Maybe the league has wised up to not hiring Pats coordinators, but their backups have been just as big a batch of small pox infested blankets.

Anyway as the Broncos will be delving in the QB market again, I'm one less team will be at the trough.

What Patriots backups have had the upside and draft pedigree similar to Garoppolo?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pretty surprised with this

so much for jimmy g being brady's successor. niners really have nothing to lose with this deal

i guess that means brady plans to stick around for at least a few more seasons?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so brady is now the only QB on the pats roster. interesting that they were willing to part ways with jimmy AND brissett

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Where the hell were the Browns on this? They could have offered the HOU 1st. Or their 2nd+another pick of the 124 they have traded for.
They just gave up a second rounder for a QBS in the draft. It looks like they’re going to go find their QB in the draft and now have less competition for the first QB.

There are Browns writers in absolute mourning over this. One guy in particular acts like Jimmy G is a sure fire Hall of Famer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad