Series Discussion: NDSF: Winnipeg Jets (3) vs Edmonton Oilers (2)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
2006 Oilers, final seed, badly outplayed most of their playoff rounds but somehow willed and squeaked out wins all the way to the finals when they lost their Goalie Dwayne Roloson. Anything can happen when your in the playoffs. We have a top caliber goalie that can win us games. We do have a solid forward group from 1st line all the way to 4th line. We do have some good players on D, and the teams been working on getting their defensive game right for the playoffs. We have a chance, and I'm pumped for what should be an exciting series!
You might want to rewatch that run. They were not badly outplayed.

Reactions: surixon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
tenor.gif
More like....... :laugh:

Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You might want to rewatch that run. They were not badly outplayed.

They did have HOF Pronger playing at a ConSmyth level.

They also had a fairly deep forward core that lacked started power but had a lot of good players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
First two games are in Edmonton and thus they dictate how the matchups will look for the faceoffs.
I would expect to see a lot of McD vs CSW.
Has our top line ever done an immediate change to avoid a matchup?
I wouldn't count on them starting now.

Yes, it will happen. But don't do it deliberately. Maurice still seems to have the idea that matching his top line against the other team's top line is a good idea. He will use Lowry against them some of the time, but primarily it is #1 vs #1. If he wants to do that, he needs to construct his lines differently.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wiebe just reported Stastny was back in full practice mode along with Copp and Ehlers (non contact).
No sign of PLD yet.

Good news. Sounds like Copp and Ehlers are fully practicing in there PP spots too, so that is also a good sign. If we have all 3 i am happy. PLD seems doubtful at this point but we will see for sure tomorrow I guess

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Good news. Sounds like Copp and Ehlers are fully practicing in there PP spots too, so that is also a good sign. If we have all 3 i am happy. PLD seems doubtful at this point but we will see for sure tomorrow I guess
If I had to pick 2 of the 4 to play those would be the ones.

I think they will all be in on Wednesday, though odd that both Nik and Copper are in non contacts

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Starting to get really jacked up for the playoffs, can't wait for the Jets to play on Wednesday. I know it won't be the same without fans but it's still one of my favourite times of the year.

Agreed. Yesterday was amazing watching the games especially Florida, with fans. A big game is a big game, it takes away a bit of the experience, but it is still playoff hockey, and the players should have no problem getting up for it. Although I do wish Canada would do something similar to the superbowl. Let in 1000-2000 fully vaccinated health care/ front line workers spread out/ distanced. Or at the very least let the players families each have there own area of a section or a suite. There is no way to justify that not be allowed. It is just stupid IMO. They go home to there families for gods sake, if they don't come in contact with any other families. But whatever, just happy playoff hockey is here and fingers crossed for at least partial capacity rinks and normal divisions back in Canada in October

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I'm beginning to wonder if just Roslo alone wasn't overpayment! PLD has a lot to prove and Chevy is desperately counting on it! This may not end well for Chevy!

I hoping a proper training camp and start to the season for PLD will bring out his full potential with the Jets. He's still young and no doubt the BS in Columbus rattled his confidence.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm beginning to wonder if whatever was bugging PLD when he got here lingered all season

May well be. He hasn't look fully invested physically since the injury, and the weeks-long isolation without practice or playing time may not have helped.

It's been a weird year for most players, and an especially weird one for him. I don't really have any concerns going forward, pending a full recovery. He's going to be the player we traded for, IMO: a fast, skilled, high-IQ playmaker with a punishing forecheck and the potential to take over games, and hopefully a 1A/1B centre who will thrive with skilled wingers.

Back O/T, I think we can afford to be without one or more key players for all of one game. If it's 2-3 then we're in trouble.

Reactions: surixon

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The troubles with McDavid is he can play 35 minutes a game if needed including the last 10 minutes without a break.
Good luck defending him.

Reactions: GNP

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Craig Button was in full Vince McMahon mode on SportsCenter last night.

Said the Jets defense was their "soft underbelly" and all of Edmonton's strengths will match up well against all our weaknesses.

Reactions: JetsUK

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
Wiebe just reported Stastny was back in full practice mode along with Copp and Ehlers (non contact).
No sign of PLD yet.
Watching the replay after the head hit, PLD looked rather disoriented to me.
I'm concerned this could be a concussion

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Odds makers have the Jets at 27 to 1 to win the cup. The only team with worse odds is Nashville. If the Jets win the cup I stand to make thousands. I don't know why people are writing off the team after that losing skid. Recency bias is real. Not that I think they'll win the cup, but 2nd worst playoff team? Not a chance. Also have some side bets on Connor scoring lots of goals. Wish me luck I'm going to need it.

I saw your post, then I saw I could get 28:1 and I couldn't help myself. I know it's not much but A: it's in USD and B. it'll make a nice post-lockdown party ;)
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 14.19.14.png

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad