Series Discussion: NDSF: Winnipeg Jets (3) vs Edmonton Oilers (2)

Who wins?

• Total voters

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sorry, but I haven't seen anything that gives me positive vibes. Our only 2 wins in the last 11 games were shutouts, against teams that died a month ago.... we are not getting shutouts against McD.

I think the Jets will come out hard, but they are going to fold like that cheap tent your grandma bought you to pretend camp in your backyard.. as soon as McD puts in 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the series.

I'm giving the Jets just one win. We might get some luck in one game.

it’s not what I want…it’s just what I feel

Last edited:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Heart says McDavid in 5. Brain says McDavid in 4.

In all seriousness if Paul keeps Demleo on Morrissey together, we get healthy Ehlers back(a must) and run the proper lines and when possible actual matchups and not Scheifele and Wheeler against McDavid at home, I think we have a fighting chance. It's hockey, if Helle is hot and we can limit the 3 plus point McDavid games, play physical but limit the trips to the box there is a chance we can squeek out a 6-7 game series. Smith has been a freak too though, against us especially.

Likely though IMO we can't contain McDavid for more then 1-2 games, when we do they have there second huge weapon, and Paul gets outcoached.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
As bad as I feel, voted with my unbiased opinion: Oilers in 4.

I really don't think it's a good matchup. McDavid has had our number all season. They can't seem to figure out how to contain him. And I just don't see that suddenly changing.

However, if I'm proven wrong, I will happily eat crow. Just make mine with extra garlic :laugh:

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Sorry, but I haven't seen anything that gives me positive vibes. Our only 2 wins in the last 11 games were shutouts, against teams that died a month ago.... we are not getting shutouts against McD.

I think the Jets will come out hard, but they are going to fold like that cheap tent your grandma bought you to pretend camp in your backyard.. as soon as McD puts in 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the series.

I'm giving the Jets just one win. We might get some luck in one game.

it’s not what I want…it’s just what I feel

I was hoping that what I have seen the last couple of years from this team was going to be different this year. No such luck. The last month has shown me what I feared. Put pressure on this team when it matters and they disappear. Mental toughness is simply non existent. I expect us to get totally spanked. This team is fundamentally broken.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not very optimistic, a couple of good games against the bottom of the division is one thing. Maintaing a high level of play against a team firing on all cylinders like the Oilers is another story.

This team is still making creating issues for itself with nz turnovers especially right outside our blue line, MxDavid will feast on those.

Reactions: kellhunter and GNP

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Jets in 5.

Hellebuyck is going to stand on his head, Smith will self destruct, and the Jets will find a way to limit McDavid.

I love your optimism but reality is McDavid is a one man wrecking crew and unless we get Mike 'the sieve' Smith in net it will be a all Oilers. Their 4th line has also given the Jets fits.
It is a bad match up for the Jets.

Reactions: kellhunter

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
2006 Oilers, final seed, badly outplayed most of their playoff rounds but somehow willed and squeaked out wins all the way to the finals when they lost their Goalie Dwayne Roloson. Anything can happen when your in the playoffs. We have a top caliber goalie that can win us games. We do have a solid forward group from 1st line all the way to 4th line. We do have some good players on D, and the teams been working on getting their defensive game right for the playoffs. We have a chance, and I'm pumped for what should be an exciting series!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Great the CSW able to bust out.
Hopefully they can replicate this vs. MC d line.

As it will be for the most part best on best match up.

The better they can play head on the less offensive Mc D will be. Which if limited, Jets have a great chance to win the series.

On paper Jets the better team.

Though i would rather play Lowry line with Mc D and just punish him. It will be difficult but if series goes deep ti can take ita toll on him.

Oilers a good team but looking at top to bottom Jets should have the team to beat the Oilers.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We havent done it all year yet. In fact, it's gotten worse...

But if we can hold McDavid to 1 point a game instead of 2-3... we can win the series

Figure it out.

Reactions: thereturn

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Must be sad to have such a negative outlook.

I choose positivity. I love the Jets and I believe.

Probably time to take a break from this forum because I really don't enjoy people shitting on the team and staff nonstop. Just not the way I want to be as a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad