GDT: NDF: GAME ONE - 05/02 - Wild @ Blackhawks - 8:30 PM CT - 4:30 AM FIN - TSN, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
First game is over. In this series we need some very good goaltending, very good overall game, better special teams and better execution. Wild already had some very good overall game especially in the second period.

It's not like we didn't have a chance. Series isn't over, it has just started.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
You obviously didnt see the breakaway that he stopped but it's cool. Keep the hate schtick up.

The breakaway where Suter caught up to hawks player and he didn't even get a good shot? All bryz had to do was stand still and he almost screwed that up with some ridiculous double stack?? Yes i saw that. As I said don't kid yourself.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I watched the game with my friend who is a goalie and he was raving all game how bad Bryzgalov's position is and why he plays so small... He said that even he would have saved that zero angle backhand.

Ya I don't think so. Most likely your friend would have let in a ton of goals.

J22*

If you truly believe that's Bryz's fault, there will be no convincing you, but your claim that a high school goalie stops that is just wrong.
You want to scapegoat Bryz, that's your perogative, but in this case, you're wrong. That was a great shot by Kane, not a screwup by Bryz

Watch the replay from behind the net and look at how much room he gives in the upper corner.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
How does any of that have anything to do with letting a straight on shot get through you?

The shot from the point is a hard shot. Puck spinning but not on end. Its clearly tipped as when it gets to Bryz it is rolling. Even if Bryz does get a piece of it:
1) it was deflected 2-3 feet in front of him, if that. Making reaction time available nonexistent.
2) the puck is rolling so if does manage to get a piece of it, it will roll off of him, unlike the original shot would.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Here's a thought:

Why don't we get HALF of our missed shots actually on net next time! Maybe we could score another goal actually, especially with some of those chances.

Another thought, even with getting just HALF of our stupid missed shots on net, the Hawks would still have LESS missed shots than us?! Isn't that just awesome.

Yeo needs to send all our guys home with shooting practice homework FFS.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Penalties and PK lost us the game. Kane gets two lucky goals to seal it. I'm not mad. We have a good shot to beat these guys.

People need to relax, it's only game 1.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
You think out of Bryz, Curry and Harding that Hards isn't a real option?

You need the help if you think the staff doesn't already have Hards on their minds

Do you even know what sarcasm is? I've said nothing here but that we need Harding.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I don't know why so many are defending Bryz here? I know he's our best goalie right now but it's fine to say when he isn't playing up to the standards where we need him to if Wild wants to win the series?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know why so many are defending Bryz here? I know he's our best goalie right now but it's fine to say when he isn't playing up to the standards where we need him to if Wild wants to win the series?

Because even very good goalies give up goals like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ones. They weren't softies.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Just finished the game on the DVR. I felt that the Wild were definitely the better team tonight. Kane is just a game-changing talent, and it was truly unfortunate. Lots of missed opportunities for Minnesota tonight, and very frustrating.

Brodin was clearly the worst player for us tonight, that 4 minute high stick was really bad. He also looked like a peewee defenseman on the Kane backhand. I truly hope this won't continue.

All in all, Game 2 should be another close one, the score here does not reflect how the game actually was.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

He's not as good as Harding or even Kuemper but I don't see why people are crucifying him as if he's the reason we lost tonight. Special teams and defensive screwups cost us. Bryz did his damn job.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
He's not as good as Harding or even Kuemper but I don't see why people are crucifying him as if he's the reason we lost tonight. Special teams and defensive screwups cost us. Bryz did his damn job.

Dead on. You must have been watching the game :).

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Oh well. That kinda sucks, but for whatever reason I don't feel concerned quite yet. Both teams were way too sloppy throughout most of that game. Felt like it was just a matter of time before one of them stepped it up and finished the game. Unfortunately, it had to be Kane. Goddammit all.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Because even very good goalies give up goals like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ones. They weren't softies.

The shot what went straight in with or without Bickell and the zero angle backhand are two relatively easy stops with right positioning. Atleast playoff goaltending standards.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

4 games 1 win 3 losses 82.1% 4.16 GAA

In what ****ing world is he "doing his job"?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Bryz could've done better, Bryz could've done worse. He was average. But we need him or someone else to steal.. if not games, then multiple shots at least. Hawks forwards are just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad