NCAA thread v5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rose Bowl is probably off the table regardless of how this one finishes at this point. Probably a Wisconsin/Oregon matchup.

Probably looking at the Orange or Cotton Bowls.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How about now, flood gates opened

I guess we’ll see. It depends really if the committee holds the 13th data point loss against Wisconsin or not.

I think Penn State is going to a NY6 bowl regardless if it’s not the Rose Bowl with how this weekend has played out though. But obviously the Rose Bowl would probably be the most preferred even though it’s the toughest potential opponent in Oregon. Virginia in the Orange Bowl & Memphis in the Cotton Bowl likely would be the other potential matchups.

We’ll find out tomorrow so it’s not like it’s a long wait to see which way they go.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I guess we’ll see. It depends really if the committee holds the 13th data point loss against Wisconsin or not.

I think Penn State is going to a NY6 bowl regardless if it’s not the Rose Bowl with how this weekend has played out though. But obviously the Rose Bowl would probably be the most preferred even though it’s the toughest potential opponent in Oregon. Virginia in the Orange Bowl & Memphis in the Cotton Bowl likely would be the other potential matchups.

We’ll find out tomorrow so it’s not like it’s a long wait to see which way they go.
I mostly want PSU to make it so it pisses off this Klatt guy (and to smoke @Hollywood Couturier 's clown school). Dude totally went into fan mode there. I haven't heard an announcer rant like that in a while. "But OSU turned it over 3 times that game". :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mostly want PSU to make it so it pisses off this Klatt guy (and to smoke @Hollywood Couturier 's clown school). Dude totally went into fan mode there. I haven't heard an announcer rant like that in a while. "But OSU turned it over 3 times that game". :laugh:

I hear you I just meant from a prestige & just the trip in general for those that would go would probably prefer the Rose Bowl the most.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Imagine being this upset about a completely meaningless ranking. The NY6 bowl games are all conference driven.

Unless you're an Alabama fan. Then you can EAD about being upset with their ranking.

Yeah it doesn’t really matter unless you think Florida should be going to the Sugar Bowl over Georgia for whatever reason. But even then Georgia would still grab an at-large bid to another NY6 bowl like Florida is.

Reactions: flyershockey

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Imagine being this upset about a completely meaningless ranking. The NY6 bowl games are all conference driven.

Unless you're an Alabama fan. Then you can EAD about being upset with their ranking.

They lost to South Carolina... at home.

It is a joke. Factual statement. Doesn't mean that people are "this upset" about it. Just pointing out a terrible ranking.

They shouldn't have been #4 the entire season but the Committee was a bunch of cowards that didn't want to have to do anything until Championship weekend.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah it doesn’t really matter unless you think Florida should be going to the Sugar Bowl over Georgia for whatever reason. But even then Georgia would still grab an at-large bid to another NY6 bowl like Florida is.
I actually hoped Georgia would drop further. This is going to be a repeat of last year's Sugar Bowl. A team trying to prove their up and comer status against a Georgia team with players sitting out and no motivation. The only saving grace is that there's a good amount of jobs open next year, and this will be some highly recruited guys' opportunity to take over.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
They lost to South Carolina... at home.

It is a joke. Factual statement. Doesn't mean that people are "this upset" about it. Just pointing out a terrible ranking.

They shouldn't have been #4 the entire season but the Committee was a bunch of cowards that didn't want to have to do anything until Championship weekend.
Lol and Oregon lost to Arizona State. Had they won that game, they'd be in a playoff spot right now.

There's literally zero reason to care about the rankings after #4. Georgia is still going to the Sugar Bowl and Oregon is still going to the Rose Bowl.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Lol and Oregon lost to Arizona State. Had they won that game, they'd be in a playoff spot right now.

There's literally zero reason to care about the rankings after #4. Georgia is still going to the Sugar Bowl and Oregon is still going to the Rose Bowl.

I didn't even mention Oregon, when I made that statement. I'm saying that the rankings were a sham the entire season so leaving Georgia at #5 is a continuation of that sham.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Explain to me the sham that was then.

Because the Committee was a bunch of cowards that knew exactly what they were doing by by putting LSU and Georgia in the Top 4 knowing that likely one of them will be knocking out the other and that they wouldn't have to make a decision until after Championship weekend. Placing another team in that #4 spot would put them in a corner.

Georgia had the worst loss of any of the one loss teams at that point of the season and they still got to sit there. They shouldn't have.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Because the Committee was a bunch of cowards that knew exactly what they were doing by by putting LSU and Georgia in the Top 4 knowing that likely one of them will be knocking out the other and that they wouldn't have to make a decision until after Championship weekend. Placing another team in that #4 spot would put them in a corner.

Georgia had the worst loss of any of the one loss teams at that point of the season and they still got to sit there. They shouldn't have.
What corner? Georgia dropped all the way to #10 after the South Carolina lost. They then beat Florida on a neutral site and Auburn on the road. At that point, the committee thought they had the best resume of any 1 loss team. Again, I'm not sure what the beef is here. Who was more deserving of that spot? And more importantly who got screwed because they weren't in that spot?

The four best teams in college football made the playoff this year. I don't think there's any debate about it. And Georgia's position leading up to the final weekend didn't change that.

Edit: Even if Georgia was 5 or 6 to start the day yesterday, it was still win and get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad