NCAA thread v5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
@Normand Lacombe did you catch the game last night? Temple's D looked like it's back after a 3 week hiatus but I'm not sold on Russo.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't believe you don't have any faith in the NCAA to get to the bottom of this.

In all seriousness, I'm biased on this one. There's a particular booster that hasn't even tried to hide his tracks and I've wondered for years if anyone would write the story. No, I don't mean Wexner.

Hell, Young's people could have floated this to prevent injury at this point. He's locked in as the top non-QB.

Ohio State fans are furious with their compliance department reporting this.

My guess is they’re giving the NCAA three weeks to hopefully resolve this. They obviously don’t need Young for Maryland this week & Rutgers next weekend. They’re glorified scrimmage games. So perhaps going with the voluntary suspension schools like they do ahead of time in hopes of the NCAA being lenient.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Come on, Jojo. We both know that he’ll be back for the Penn State game. He’ll take the slap on the wrist with this Maryland game and all will be right.
I'm sick of OSU getting a pass for all of the stuff that has gone on at that place. From the weird team doctor fondling players, as well as other unusual behavior, through the Tressel and Meyer situations now on to this one. The LOIC has been going on there for years. The only way that the Muckeyes will clean up their act is if they have to pay a price such as probation and forfeiting games. Other schools in the conference have been dinged heavily for their misdeeds but OSU skates along like nothing has ever happened.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm sick of OSU getting a pass for all of the stuff that has gone on at that place. From the weird team doctor fondling players, as well as other unusual behavior, through the Tressel and Meyer situations now on to this one. The LOIC has been going on there for years. The only way that the Muckeyes will clean up their act is if they have to pay a price such as probation and forfeiting games. Other schools in the conference have been dinged heavily for their misdeeds but OSU skates along like nothing has ever happened.

Basically every single team except for USC has gotten a pass for all the crap they’ve done over the years.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
True the Trojans were jammed hard by the NCAA. However, as we all know, Penn State has had to pay out some serious cash in civil suits, school administrators lost their jobs and the football program sanctioned by the NCAA. Michigan State is in the process of being gouged and heads have fallen over their issues. Yet in Columbus, life goes on. Heck Tressel is now the head of a State school-Youngstown State. Either the NCAA or the conference needs to step in and make them pay to get them to stop the silliness. Its textbook LOIC.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This weeks games:
  1. PSU @ Minnesota - 8
  2. Baylor @ TCU - 7
  3. LSU @ Alabama - 7
  4. K State @ Texas - 6
  5. Wake Forest @ Va Tech - 6
  6. USC @ Arizona State - 6
  7. Illinois @ Michigan State - 7
  8. Iowa @ Wisconsin - 7
  9. Mizzou @ UGA - 10
  10. Wazzu @ Cal - 6
  11. App State @ South Carolina - 7
  12. Tennessee @ Kentucky - 5
  13. Iowa State @ Oklahoma - 10
  14. Wyoming @ Boise State - 10

Reactions: Asnito

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
@Normand Lacombe did you catch the game last night? Temple's D looked like it's back after a 3 week hiatus but I'm not sold on Russo.

Sure did. Hats off to Temple's defense. They won this game. The D gave up some yards, but they had 9 sacks and were opportunistic in capitalizing on USF's mistakes. Had Franklin not returned the fumble for a TD, USF would have tied the game on their ensuing series and who knows what happens. As for the offense, they left about 17 points on the field. The Owls drove into USF territory numerous times and they either settled for a field goal, were stopped on downs and had a potentially killer Russo interception in the red zone. Nonetheless a win is a win and Temple is bowl eligible for a sixth straight season for the first time in the program's history.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
The NCAA is pretty much losing power at this point with each passing year. The big programs/conferences in 2019 have more power over them than they ever had.

I predict that 10 years from now, the NCAA will not be governing the P5 football programs. The P5 programs will break from the NCAA and form their own league and make their own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille