NCAA thread v5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Alabama and LSU play each other this week, Penn State and Ohio State in two weeks. More than likely, two of those four teams won't be there in two weeks, Clemson will be up there and probably, somehow, Georgia. Once Georgia is at 4, then we have issues.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is just an odd year where things seem to be more clear & there’s more teams legitimately involved.

But it does seem to this point that Ohio State & LSU look to be clearly the best two teams but we’ll see.

Part of it could be that 4 still seems like the worst number to me. 6 and you can at least reward the top teams with a Bye. 2 and now there aren't any Conference Title Games that create hellscapes. 0 and at least I have a reason to watch.

Or if they're going to do it this way, leverage it into something meaningful and ban Wisconsin on principle. I know these are all money decisions, but never, ever again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Part of it could be that 4 still seems like the worst number to me. 6 and you can at least reward the top teams with a Bye. 2 and now there aren't any Conference Title Games that create hellscapes. 0 and at least I have a reason to watch.

Or if they're going to do it this way, leverage it into something meaningful and ban Wisconsin on principle. I know these are all money decisions, but never, ever again.

Ha I was just watching a clip of Klatt on Fox Sports. He said people he’s talked to that an 8 team playoff is coming before the current deal runs up. So he said within the next 3-4 years.

He said conference realignment is going to push it. He mentioned the Pac-12 specifically being in danger of losing some teams if things don’t change.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ha I was just watching a clip of Klatt on Fox Sports. He said people he’s talked to that an 8 team playoff is coming before the current deal runs up. So he said within the next 3-4 years.

He said conference realignment is going to push it. He mentioned the Pac-12 specifically being in danger of losing some teams if things don’t change.

That does make sense. Imagine being Oklahoma or Oregon and knowing you basically lose every tiebreaker for the foreseeable future in this system. Sooner or later, something has to give.

64 team playoff bracket baby!

That would be awful. Nothing would make me happier. Give me stakes to Boise St-Wyoming on Saturday.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
@Cody Webster @Ruck Over @LegionOfDoom91 @Hollywood Couturier @HammerTime44 @Normand Lacombe @renberg @Captain Dave Poulin
This weeks games:
  1. PSU @ Minnesota
  2. Baylor @ TCU
  3. LSU @ Alabama
  4. K State @ Texas
  5. Wake Forest @ Va Tech
  6. USC @ Arizona State
  7. Illinois @ Michigan State
  8. Iowa @ Wisconsin
  9. Mizzou @ UGA
  10. Wazzu @ Cal
  11. App State @ South Carolina
  12. Tennessee @ Kentucky
  13. Iowa State @ Oklahoma
  14. Wyoming @ Boise State

1. Penn State 8
2. Baylor 7
3. LSU 5
4. Kansas State 5
5. Wake Forest 7
6. USC 6
7. Michigan State 3
8. Wisconsin 7
9. Georgia 8
10. Washington State 3
11. App State 2
12. Tennessee 3
13. Oklahoma 8
14. Boise State 5

Reactions: Asnito

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
1. Penn State 10
2. Baylor 9
3. Alabama 10
4. Kansas State 8
5. Wake Forest 5
6. USC 6
7. Illinois 4
8. Iowa 6
9. Georgia 8
10. Washington State 3
11. Appalachian State 2
12. Tennessee 5
13. Oklahoma 8
14. Boise State 9

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This weeks games:
  1. PSU @ Minnesota - 10
  2. Baylor @ TCU - 7
  3. LSU @ Alabama - 5
  4. K State @ Texas - 6
  5. Wake Forest @ Va Tech - 9
  6. USC @ Arizona State - 9
  7. Illinois @ Michigan State - 5
  8. Iowa @ Wisconsin -10
  9. Mizzou @ UGA - 10
  10. Wazzu @ Cal - 7
  11. App State @ South Carolina - 5
  12. Tennessee @ Kentucky - 10
  13. Iowa State @ Oklahoma - 8
  14. Wyoming @ Boise State - 6

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Come on, Jojo. We both know that he’ll be back for the Penn State game. He’ll take the slap on the wrist with this Maryland game and all will be right.

I can't believe you don't have any faith in the NCAA to get to the bottom of this.

In all seriousness, I'm biased on this one. There's a particular booster that hasn't even tried to hide his tracks and I've wondered for years if anyone would write the story. No, I don't mean Wexner.

Hell, Young's people could have floated this to prevent injury at this point. He's locked in as the top non-QB.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I can't believe you don't have any faith in the NCAA to get to the bottom of this.

In all seriousness, I'm biased on this one. There's a particular booster that hasn't even tried to hide his tracks and I've wondered for years if anyone would write the story. No, I don't mean Wexner.

Hell, Young's people could have floated this to prevent injury at this point. He's locked in as the top non-QB.

If I could ask Chase Young just one question, I would ask him this:

"You managing your load, bro?"

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad