OT: NCAA thread v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Meh it’s more than just recruiting. The point is his flaws aren’t really that different than most other coaches around the country not named Saban.

I don't want him going anywhere, but they need a better play caller. I'm not even saying he calls the plays, just whoever it is, they need someone better.

They've been loaded with talented skill position players and McSorley was a good college QB, and their offense has struggled against good teams. It's also moreso the fact that they struggle in the same ways...build up a lead and then go completely inept for a giant chunk of the game because the calls are predictable. It's not that they're overwhelmed by the talent on the other side, so it makes it more frustrating.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't want him going anywhere, but they need a better play caller. I'm not even saying he calls the plays, just whoever it is, they need someone better.

They've been loaded with talented skill position players and McSorley was a good college QB, and their offense has struggled against good teams. It's also moreso the fact that they struggle in the same ways...build up a lead and then go completely inept for a giant chunk of the game because the calls are predictable. It's not that they're overwhelmed by the talent on the other side, so it makes it more frustrating.

That’s fair. I would say the biggest thing this year though is they have the personnel to close out games with their 2-4 minute offense which they essentially did with Iowa & Michigan last night.

They’re definitely leaning on their defense this year with Clifford being a first year starter who goes through his struggles.

Reactions: Ruck Over

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really want to know who hates themselves enough to watch a Rutgers game. Their QB was 9/19 for 48 Yards, 0 TDS, and 3 Picks today.

@Captain Dave Poulin Hell yes.

I watch them one time a year otherwise I might turn it on if I see something on twitter pointing a hilariously bad moment for them. Last year’s Penn State game was brutal. McSorley was playing on one leg & he wasn’t the most accurate thrower to begin with. So they let Rutgers hang around made it much closer game than it should have been.

Ash couldn’t get it figured out on offense there. That & probably inheriting a Herculean task of rebuilding from the ground up there was the end of him.

From what I’ve seen over the years they were decent on defense all things considering. That’s why I won’t really be surprised if Ash a DC at a big program next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I really want to know who hates themselves enough to watch a Rutgers game. Their QB was 9/19 for 48 Yards, 0 TDS, and 3 Picks today.

@Captain Dave Poulin Hell yes.

I voluntarily went yesterday. In a sick way, it was quite entertaining.

ABF2F38C-D0A8-474D-9F78-7FB3AA935A59.jpeg

Rutgers opened as a home dog to Liberty (-4) this week.

My buddy thought it was going to be double digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad