NCAA: NCAA off season thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In fairness though, everyone thought Mizzou and Texas A&M would get their asses handed to them and it didn’t work out that way.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
it will all just depend on how the divisions play out.

If the division ends up being
- Oklahoma
- LSU
- Texas
- Texas A&M
- Ole Miss
- Arkansas
- Mizzou
- Mississippi State

then Texas can find themselves in the odd SEC title game.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
In fairness though, everyone thought Mizzou and Texas A&M would get their asses handed to them and it didn’t work out that way.

Mizzou has done better than I thought capturing a few division titles. A&M has been kind of what I expected, personally I think they should have stuck it out in the Big12, they probably would have won a conference title or two, and who knows what could have been after that, if they had stayed in the Big12.

Reactions: DaveG

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com

I'll oddly root for the Fresno St, even though I only took one class for work there...go Bulldogs.

Looking at both FSU and SJSU's schedules, it's amusing to me how relatively tough the smaller conferences have it, vs the P5, also interesting to see SJ are travelling all the way to Kalamazoo.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'll oddly root for the Fresno St, even though I only took one class for work there...go Bulldogs.

Looking at both FSU and SJSU's schedules, it's amusing to me how relatively tough the smaller conferences have it, vs the P5, also interesting to see SJ are travelling all the way to Kalamazoo.

As I live in Columbus now, I am going to see my Spartans play in person for the first time this century. (I'll go crawl in my coffin)

member 51464

I just want the rest of the dominoes to fall so we know which Big 12 leftovers find a decent home and which are banished out of the Power 5.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
KSU does not deserve to be left out of a Power 5. But neither do schools like TCU.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Pac-12 not expanding afterall.
Not sure what happens with these Big 12 teams.
Pac-12 doesn't want them. ACC didn't want WVU 8-years ago and I doubt they want them now. Big Ten doesn't gain anything with Kansas-Iowa State outside of KU Basketball.
Big 12 might live? maybe poach Cincinnati, UCF, Houston from AAC? Try to lure BYU out of independents?

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Pac-12 not expanding afterall.
Not sure what happens with these Big 12 teams.
Pac-12 doesn't want them. ACC didn't want WVU 8-years ago and I doubt they want them now. Big Ten doesn't gain anything with Kansas-Iowa State outside of KU Basketball.
Big 12 might live? maybe poach Cincinnati, UCF, Houston from AAC? Try to lure BYU out of independents?

That seems likely to be the approach now imo.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That seems likely to be the approach now imo.
The remaining schools don’t offer much. Texas and OU were the ones carrying the torch.

be like the Big10 losing OSU, Michigan and PSU. None of the remaining schools with maybe the exception of Wisconsin would interest other conferences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad