NCAA: NCAA off season thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I predicted the move of OU to the SEC years ago. I was told several times that OU going there would not happen.

And guess what? It did happen. So nothing is off the table.
It didn’t happen because you said so though. Everyone knew the realignment wasn’t over given how big of a bust the Longhorn network has been. Texas has always been open for business and OU isn’t moving without Texas.

Reactions: DaveG

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It didn’t happen because you said so though. Everyone knew the realignment wasn’t over given how big of a bust the Longhorn network has been. Texas has always been open for business and OU isn’t moving without Texas.
Texas was pretty much the program that stopped the Big 12 from fully imploding in 2010 or so due to the LHN. Pretty much everyone but Texas was in agreement to form the Pac-16 with Colorado following through (and Utah a last minute replacement for the Pac-12). Texas backed out because they wanted to keep their 3rd tier media rights. Nebraska and Missouri got pissed about not being involved and almost getting left in a 6 team Big 12 and went to the B1g and SEC. A&M got pissed about Texas having the LHN, and took the SEC's offer.

I feel every 10 years or so we see massive reshaping of conferences. From the death of the SWC leading to the Big 12 formation, to the ACC raiding the Big East in the early 2000's, to the massive change in the Big 12 in 2010's, plus the growth of the B1G. I do find it a bit funny the bitterness of Ok St and Texas Tech as they were willing to kill the conference in 2010.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all

It still doesn't mean that Mizzou can't move to the Big Ten. Anything is possible in today's world.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
SEC going to be so spicy.

It’s already the conference I follow the closest, looking forward to the additions.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Clemson would be absolutely stupid to give up an easy path to the playoffs in football every year just for a bit more money in TV contract revenue. If this were Clemson from 10 years ago I'd believe it but not now.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If Clemson were to leave the ACC, the ACC would die sad as that sounds. As already stated, it would be pretty stupid of them to give up their easy road beating up on the rest of the conference.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think we will see an active transfer portal

Ewers just enrolled early as well. Figure 2 of these kids who don’t land the starting role will transfer. Luckily they won’t have to sit a year but they need to be very selective in their next stop as guys who go to more than 2 schools pretty much never make it.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I cannot stand the Irish, so that don't confront me none.

However, I love their new DC, Marcus Freeman. He's going to be a star.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is he wrong though? Texas hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire since that Rose Bowl appearance in 2010. How they'll do in the SEC is anyones guess.
No, he’s right. But it’s also savage. The burn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad