NCAA off-season stuff

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They are essentially qanon. They are the people behind the Pizzagate bullshit. People who believe this should not have access to teaching people anything, even football.

Meet the propagandists and conspiracy theorists behind OAN

People are free to watch what they want, it is a right we have in this country.

I mean do people forget MSNBC signing off for 8 years saying things like George W Bush is the worst person on the planet. Personally I stopped watching news media for more than quick check-ins because of how toxic it is almost entirely. It makes real news events like Covid-19 or the current protests harrowing when I need to try to get news. The system in general is broke, not just OAN which is really bad when you tune into it, but all of them are massive problems at this point. Wearing a shirt and watching it though, that is not worth this response.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
People are free to watch what they want, it is a right we have in this country.

I mean do people forget MSNBC signing off for 8 years saying things like George W Bush is the worst person on the planet. Personally I stopped watching news media for more than quick check-ins because of how toxic it is almost entirely. It makes real news events like Covid-19 or the current protests harrowing when I need to try to get news. The system in general is broke, not just OAN which is really bad when you tune into it, but all of them are massive problems at this point. Wearing a shirt and watching it though, that is not worth this response.

They have every right to do so. Nobody is saying that. But people need to know who people are that are leading young people and what they believe and let them make an educated decision.

Does Gundy go into the homes of African-American recruits and lie to their families about his beliefs? Of course he does. And now people can know where the lies come from. It's information. He's free to coach anywhere and make the millions he's earned.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is a difference between being a conservative and buying into conspiracy theories and then having access and influence as a person of power over the very people they are theorizing said conspiracies against. Parents are sending these kids away from their homes and handing the keys to these coaches.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So a player is going to inevitably get his coach fired because of a TV channel he watches? How very progressive of him.

What an insane world this is rn
Gundy is a right wing wack job who is totally misaligned with his team. The T shirt is not an isolated case.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't think we will be seeing football at all in the fall. I think it is more likely we get a December through February regular season season, no bowl games with the possible exception of a 4 team playoff.

I don't dispute the notion that it is going to be nigh-on impossible to have a full schedule of college football this season, but are there really treatment/cure indicators that will be ready to go by winter that would allow for a delayed schedule?

Gundy is a right wing wack job who is totally misaligned with his team. The T shirt is not an isolated case.

He may well be, I don't pay close enough attention to know, but until players transfer out or recruits make it clear his attitudes/beliefs/perspectives are the reason they opted to matriculate elsewhere...

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
I don't dispute the notion that it is going to be nigh-on impossible to have a full schedule of college football this season, but are there really treatment/cure indicators that will be ready to go by winter that would allow for a delayed schedule?
Oh yeah, please note I did say "more likely". I think if it does happen it will be because of some notion of a cooling down period after a fall second wave, and the universities, networks, and NCAA will be looking at their red line budgets and try to scrape together anything to generate revenue.

I also think it is possible that the SEC or some Big 12 or ACC schools go rogue and decide to have football anyway, and that it presents a serious challenge to conference and NCAA power.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

Attempting to link a tweet on my phone.

A big deal for the Oregon schools if true, that name goes way back.

Wait does the name Apple Cup also offend anyone?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Yeah, its kind of like the Florida/Georgia game, where they no longer publicly call it "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party", but of course most still do among themselves anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad