College Hockey NCAA Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
ASU Sun Devils possibly playing in the NCAAs over BU and BC.

Might have to take a drive out to Tempe find out what’s goin on.
It's phenomenal to see what they're doing in only their third year as a D-1 program. I have a soft spot for them for a couple of reasons. The geography part is easy, plus my mom went to ASU for a while. The other is that their goalie's dad was my son's goalie coach for a while. They're doing some good stuff for sure.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
They split with BU at Agganis a few weeks ago and look like the real deal for an at-large bid. The Terriers will have to win the tournament, but they did enjoy an exciting sweep up in Burlington this past weekend. If anything, I hope ASU's success(as well as that of Penn State) finally motivates the U. of Illinois to break into D-I.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/

https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/15/co...decision-on-ncaa-d-i-program-in-april-or-may/

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Hopefully it motivates more than just the Fighting Illini. It would be nice to see a whole bunch of new College Hockey teams join D1 finally and see some of those long held college sports rivalries in Football and Basketball finally make their way onto the ice.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
In a down year for college hockey powers, UMass might be the nation's best | Boston.com

UMass-Minutemen-Hockey-East-Champions-850x478$large.jpg

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
This week’s brackets

West Regional (Fargo):
16 American International vs. 1 St. Cloud State
10 Arizona State vs. 7 Denver
Midwest Regional (Allentown):
13 Western Michigan vs. 3 Minnesota State
12 Cornell vs. 6 Ohio State
East Regional (Providence):
14 Harvard vs. 4 Minnesota Duluth
9 Providence vs. 5 Quinnipiac
Northeast Regional (Manchester):
15 Notre Dame vs. 2 Massachusetts
11 Clarkson vs. 8 Northeastern

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Seen #10 Andrew Shortridge turn into a bonafied stud between the pipes ... At least at the college level. Wouldn’t mind the Bruins working him into the mix, although I’m not sure where he’d fit with Vladdy having a year left on his contract and Keyser on his way from Junior. This is assuming they don’t re-sign Zane-o...
you also have Swayman in that mix.....

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Seen #10 Andrew Shortridge turn into a bonafied stud between the pipes ... At least at the college level. Wouldn’t mind the Bruins working him into the mix, although I’m not sure where he’d fit with Vladdy having a year left on his contract and Keyser on his way from Junior. This is assuming they don’t re-sign Zane-o...
I wouldn't be against adding another goalie

Reactions: MillerTime86

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Some awesome hockey last night in the opening round of the Hockey East playoffs with three of the four games going to OT. Unfortunately, none of the games were televised that I know of.

In the one game that didn’t need extra time, BU (5) beat UMass Lowell (4), 3-0.

In other action, Providence (2) came from behind to win over BC (7) in OT, 5-4.

Northeastern (3) beat Maine (6) 2-1 in OT with Primeau out-dueling Swayman. Judging from the shot totals, Maine was the better team?

In my favorite game of the night UMass (1) was able to overcome deficits of 3-0, 3-1, and 4-2 to top UNH (8) in Double OT. I was refreshing Twitter, trying to get updates and I came across a guy at the game on Twitter that was live-streaming it, so I got to watch both OT’s.

Not sure how it even got to OT (bad goaltending?) because UMass dominated the extra sessions. They were outshooting UNH 50-25 after the first OT and the puck was probably in the UNH zone for 15 of the 20 minutes.

Still tickets available (students are on Spring Break) and I’m trying to convince my 15 year old to go tonight for Game 2.

Reactions: Friar85

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Some awesome hockey last night in the opening round of the Hockey East playoffs with three of the four games going to OT. Unfortunately, none of the games were televised that I know of.

In the one game that didn’t need extra time, BU (5) beat UMass Lowell (4), 3-0.

In other action, Providence (2) came from behind to win over BC (7) in OT, 5-4.

Northeastern (3) beat Maine (6) 2-1 in OT with Primeau out-dueling Swayman. Judging from the shot totals, Maine was the better team?

In my favorite game of the night UMass (1) was able to overcome deficits of 3-0, 3-1, and 4-2 to top UNH (8) in Double OT. I was refreshing Twitter, trying to get updates and I came across a guy at the game on Twitter that was live-streaming it, so I got to watch both OT’s.

Not sure how it even got to OT (bad goaltending?) because UMass dominated the extra sessions. They were outshooting UNH 50-25 after the first OT and the puck was probably in the UNH zone for 15 of the 20 minutes.

Still tickets available (students are on Spring Break) and I’m trying to convince my 15 year old to go tonight for Game 2.
My five-year-old and I will be at every UMass game the rest of the way. Hockey East at the Garden, NCAA regionals, and (hopefully!) Frozen Four in Buffalo. He's almost as into UMass hockey as the Bruins right now - his current plan is to play there before he plays in Providence then Boston.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This week’s brackets

West Regional (Fargo):
16 American International vs. 1 St. Cloud State
10 Arizona State vs. 7 Denver
Midwest Regional (Allentown):
13 Western Michigan vs. 3 Minnesota State
12 Cornell vs. 6 Ohio State
East Regional (Providence):
14 Harvard vs. 4 Minnesota Duluth
9 Providence vs. 5 Quinnipiac
Northeast Regional (Manchester):
15 Notre Dame vs. 2 Massachusetts
11 Clarkson vs. 8 Northeastern

Is this just a projection?? I am bringing my son & a friend to the regionals in Manchester, would love to know who is playing finally!! :)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My five-year-old and I will be at every UMass game the rest of the way. Hockey East at the Garden, NCAA regionals, and (hopefully!) Frozen Four in Buffalo. He's almost as into UMass hockey as the Bruins right now - his current plan is to play there before he plays in Providence then Boston.

We ended up going to Game 2 last night. Completely different from Game 1. UMass hopped on them right away and Robinson seemed off after stopping 50+ shots on Friday. Game was over midway through the 1st period. UMass was just so much quicker than UNH and the Wildcats could not get anything started.

The comment about your 5 year old is hilarious. When mine was like 8/9, he was playing lacrosse and hockey (still does and golf) and we were talking about colleges because we watched a fair amount of NCAA hockey and lax. He says to me (and I’m trying to keep a straight face) that he really likes BC’s hockey team, but their lacrosse team sucks, so they wouldn’t be a good choice for him. At the time, Notre Dame was coming into it’s own with lax and had a good hockey team. He told me maybe there, but he would have to think about it.

Kids :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's phenomenal to see what they're doing in only their third year as a D-1 program. I have a soft spot for them for a couple of reasons. The geography part is easy, plus my mom went to ASU for a while. The other is that their goalie's dad was my son's goalie coach for a while. They're doing some good stuff for sure.

Also have the sickest uniform set in college hockey.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
BU jumps to a 2-0 lead at Lowell - win or it's over for both teams

BU now up 3-0 about halfway through the game.

PC and BC underway, no score in the 1st. It would be a pretty big upset if the Eagles could take out the Friars (#7 overall)

Biggest upset this weekend that I saw was in the ECAC with Brown beating Quinnipiac (#5) Friday and Saturday.

Another possible upset in the ECAC with Union taking Cornell (#10) to a game 3 that is just about to start.

Reactions: Fenway

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
3-0 after 2 at Tsongas - Lowell crowd is very quiet - except for chuck a puck

View attachment 201123

BU knocks Lowell out, 4-1.

Cornell beat Union 4-2 to advance.

PC and BC tied 1-1 with less than 10 to go.

Lowell’s Pairwise ranking is 19, so I assume their season is over. We will see if the rumors about the B’s interest in Mattias Goransson were accurate shortly.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Lowell’s Pairwise ranking is 19, so I assume their season is over. We will see if the rumors about the B’s interest in Mattias Goransson were accurate shortly.

BC advances and now Providence is shaky because with Ohio State losing either ND or Penn State get in. Quinnipiac losing opens the door in the ECAC.

Lowell has no chance now.

upload_2019-3-17_20-11-22.png

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Where are these rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad