NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of intense hate towards Schiano now that the rumors are starting to congeal that he is going to take the Tennessee job

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Does Jimbo Fisher have past connections to A&M? I'm not sure I'd consider that an upgrade unless he does and/or A&M has a shit ton of $$$ to throw at him.

Sep 19, 2008
IT's not an upgrade, it's a downgrade. HOping it's a fake rumor because it would be really dumb of him to leave a nice job in the ACC with an elite program, to go to the SEC where he'd face off against Alabama and Georgia.

Put it this way, his road to a title is easier in the ACC

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hadn’t even remembered Schiano’s time at PSU

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
A&M should have stuck it out in the Big12 instead of bolting for the SEC. Texas was on a downward spiral when they decided to leave, and they haven't been very good since 2009. A&M could have been the dominant team in that state, Baylor is now at the bottom and might not recover from Briles and his shenanigans, Texas Tech is kind of floundering between bad and decent.

But now A&M must bite the bullet and play Alabama, Auburn, and LSU guaranteed every year along with Mississippi State who is a good program, and then have to play Georgia and Florida at least once every 3? years.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The only reason I can see Jimbo making that move is due to the turmoil in his personal life between he and his ex.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
If Jimbo is hired by Texas A&M..my first call is to Todd Graham to be his DC. Texas guy with deep roots in tbe state.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Jon Gruden (lol) or Chris Petersen (a bigger lol). Gruden just uses Tennessee to keep his name relevant and Petersen turned down USC...why the f*** would he go to Tennessee?

Reactions: Voight

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't get the appeal that Tennessee would have with Schiano in the first place.

He doesn't have southern roots or ties, did better at Rutgers than others but wasn't great, was a bad coach in TB and I am not sure he was overly great at OSU.

I don't know if he is a bad coach but you think Tennessee would want/could get a better coach than him or at least a better fit.

The fact that he has his history makes it even more puzzling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tennessee is like the New York Jets of college football. I don't know if that's a fair comparison. Maybe the Bills. The last I saw was that it was the memorandum of understanding.

I don't get the appeal that Tennessee would have with Schiano in the first place.

He doesn't have southern roots or ties, did better at Rutgers than others but wasn't great, was a bad coach in TB and I am not sure he was overly great at OSU.

I don't know if he is a bad coach but you think Tennessee would want/could get a better coach than him or at least a better fit.

The fact that he has his history makes it even more puzzling.
Because Tennesee just wants hot names or big names. They hired Lane Kiffin thinking that he actually wanted to be there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad