NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Also in the ASU co-ordinator theme maybe I am missing something with Napier or maybe ULL isn't that great of a job but what about him makes ULL think that is a good hire?

Now I have thought that with a lot of the hires so obviously I am just way off in what a good NCAA coach is but there seem to be a lot better options out there that are being ignored for some mediocore options.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Also in the ASU co-ordinator theme maybe I am missing something with Napier or maybe ULL isn't that great of a job but what about him makes ULL think that is a good hire?

Now I have thought that with a lot of the hires so obviously I am just way off in what a good NCAA coach is but there seem to be a lot better options out there that are being ignored for some mediocore options.

Like who? Most on this board view college coaching records as black and white and don't really grasp the nuance of how each program is different.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Like who? Most on this board view college coaching records as black and white and don't really grasp the nuance of how each program is different.

Well I already said I though the Mario Cristobal hiring was a weak hire.

I guess for SMU Dykes gets you a fun offense and a mediocre record but he doesn't seem like a very good coach.

Les Miles seems like a better option than anyone hired in the SEC save for Jimbo.

Huepel at UCF made very little sense to me.

Herm.

I guess Taggart can recruit but should FSU get a guy who can recruit and coach at a high level? Has Taggart shown any ability to be a good coach even?

Billy Napier is really the best ULL could do?

Moorhead at a SEC school?

I mean I guess they aren't bad hires it just seems like there could be better options out there but I guess some schools have different agendas than just winning or losing games.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Big time rumors going around that Dave Aranda is headed to Texas A&M. I don't blame him if its true. Imagine working under a guy that is way less qualified than you are? He signed on to work under Les and almost went to Texas last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->