NBA TV ratings down

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm trying not to quit on the sport, but the *****fication of the NBA is really starting to annoy me to no end. Fouls after fouls after fouls, it's ridiculous.

The hack a fouls piss me off but man you watch any level of basketball the foul calls are awful. I mean two guys barely make contact its a foul. There's just no flow.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'm trying not to quit on the sport, but the *****fication of the NBA is really starting to annoy me to no end. Fouls after fouls after fouls, it's ridiculous.

The only games I've watched during the last few seasons are the Spurs (longtime Spurs fan here) playoff games

If I didn't have a team to cheer for I wouldn't be watching NBA basketball anymore.

80s-90s NBA basketball on Youtube FTW

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As bad as the early to mid 2000s was for the NBA, the 2006 Playoffs were actually pretty good, if you take away Dwyane Wade getting constant phantom foul calls every time he drove to the basket.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The foul game annoys me. Anymore you touch a guy its a foul. I mean it doesn't even have to impede his progress. When I ref games I let a lot of stuff go. I like the battles inside.

Sep 19, 2008
I mean they don't even call traveling anymore. It happens all the time in the NBA and the refs never call it. The NBA unquestionably has the worst officials out of any professional sport in the world. They make FIFA officials look competent by comparison.

There are so many reasons to avoid watching this abomination of bastardized basketball they call the "NBA" but that's probably one of the main reasons. The officiating is, and has been, horrendous since 2004.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Even in college the charge call is a joke. Even blocks too. So often a guy just magically steps in at the last second and they call chatge . I'm just not a fan of calling a foul either way in that situation. Its a cheap way to get a call and most of the time the guy is gunna be beaten on the play. Now if you've been standing there the whole time and are actually playing some kinda D then yeah I'm all for that...atleast you were "playing the man and ball"

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
All Star Game is great TV but it shows just how unwatchable this league has become. Everything is about shooting triples even when its the lower percentage shot by far at times.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Colin Cowherd said today they should expand the 3 point line. I do agree with moving it back but I'm not sure how many feet. I have a better idea though. Make a 4 point line and make it like 30 feet. Make it to where its far enough away that the make percentage wouldn't be good but close enough to where teams would still want to shoot it a decent amount.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Curry would just tear the league apart making 4 pointers like nothing.

So basically similar to what the league is like now.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Surprising really. Was out saw the end of Thunder and Warriors. Entertaining but bad fundamental ball. The Thunder gave that game away with some of the dumbest play I've ever seen.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I remember watching a Bulls-Hawks game , and Stacey Augmon said something to MJ (big mistake)

For the whole night, MJ was talking trash to Stacey while casually dribbling the ball then would hit every jump shot in his face

That was pretty badass :laugh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
4601344.jpg

May 23, 2012
There's too many fouls for breathing on a guy, if you're not allowed to actually guard someone, how are you going to stop them.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Noticing it in college too. Its getting bad. Guy with the ball dribbles to the hoop and intentionally runs into defender, defender doesn't even touch him with his hands or makes an attempt to but because they make contact a foul is called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad