NBA NBA Regular Season Thread

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
HOW DOES THAT WASTE OF OXYGEN FROM CANADA STILL HAVE A JOB

Get real - with the craprastic effort your team put out tonight Red Auerbach would not have been able to coach them to a win. Here's a thought - maybe the problem with the Nets isn't coaching. :dunno:

It’s not SOLELY down to coaching but this “coach” does absolutely nothing to get players ready to play.

OK - now you're at least providing an argument. Anyway - I'm not a fan of the whole " need to get the players ready to play " when it comes to professional athletes. These guys should be ready to play without needing a coach to hold their hands. To me a Coach's main job is to put the right line-up on the floor/field/ice depending on the score or situation. I haven't watched enough Brooklyn games this season to know if Nash is doing this but that's what happens when a professional team hires a Coach with zero coaching experience. He'll be gone as soon as Durant or Irving start complaining about his coaching methods. What Nash should do is get a couple of guys to hold Irving down and give him his COVID shots. :laugh:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
OK - now you're at least providing an argument. Anyway - I'm not a fan of the whole " need to get the players ready to play " when it comes to professional athletes. These guys should be ready to play without needing a coach to hold their hands. To me a Coach's main job is to put the right line-up on the floor/field/ice depending on the score or situation. I haven't watched enough Brooklyn games this season to know if Nash is doing this but that's what happens when a professional team hires a Coach with zero coaching experience. He'll be gone as soon as Durant or Irving start complaining about his coaching methods. What Nash should do is get a couple of guys to hold Irving down and give him his COVID shots. :laugh:
Everyone knew Nash was hired to be KD/Kyrie/Harden's buddy. but he can't even do that right apparently.

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
GA Blues & ribs
How the hell did doc rivers end up on the 15 greatest coaches of all time list?
So true. With the talent he's had post-2008 I think he's the worst coach to coach from 2009-present.

LeBron James passes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for most combined regular season and playoff points

This is not meaningful to me for many reasons. For one Kareem went to college for 4 years winning all 3 championships that players were eligible to play. (That's what got Walton in the BB HoF. There is no NBA HoF. Bill scored only 6,215 NBA points) LeBron went straight to the NBA from high school. There are some compilers who will think this is significant to compare the 2 players. :rolleyes: Jordan and Kareem are the goats.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Pretty funny Pascal Siakam isn’t an All Star.

Pretty crazy this selection format effects player earning potential.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Pelicans 'won' the 2019 draft lottery with Zion. Why are they behind Ja Morant and Memphis?

The only positive thing you could say about Zion is Joel Embiid was similar to him in a lot of ways. Initially didn't give a shit about his weight which compounded his lower body issues and cost him basically the first two seasons of his career.

Embiid put down the fork, started to take care of himself and become an absolute beast. Let's see if Zion gives enough of a shit to do the same.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The entire nation of Canada has to be punished for Steve Nash. Enough is enough. He is a CRIMINAL for his utter incompetence.

EDIT: DAH KNICKS!

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Pelicans 'won' the 2019 draft lottery with Zion. Why are they behind Ja Morant and Memphis?

The only positive thing you could say about Zion is Joel Embiid was similar to him in a lot of ways. Initially didn't give a shit about his weight which compounded his lower body issues and cost him basically the first two seasons of his career.

Embiid put down the fork, started to take care of himself and become an absolute beast. Let's see if Zion gives enough of a shit to do the same.

Embiid was a touch overweight. Zion is just fat.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Zion needs a commitment of working out this off season, strength and conditioning. Whoever is in his inner circle is giving him bad advice on how he should handle himself.

RJ Barrett has carved himself a nice career so far in New York, we are still waiting for the Zion at Duke to arrive.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lmfao. Ben Simmons sits on his sorry ass for 6 months and already has to miss time with back soreness after talking shit at his first Nets presser

What a joke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad